Chapter 11

She didn't just say Gideon. That idiot knows my biggest secret. I guess me paying him isn't enough for him to shut up. He needs to get a reminder.

"When did you meet him?" I ask her.

She chews on her bottom lip, and sighs. "In the morning when you dumped me."

Dumped her? What! No! "Eva, I just wanted to do something important, and I got you coffee." I force myself to smile and point at her coffee. "Come on, let's forget about this Gideon and talk about us," I suggest but we all know she's not gonna leave my past. Well, she has a right to know, but I just.. can't let her. I can't.

She shakes her head. "I wanna know."

"It's not that interesting."

She bolts up from her seat and shouts, "For God's sake, Max! What the hell have you done that you're so ashamed of?" I look around, observing the room. Each and every persons eyes are on us. I slowly rise from the bench, careful not to scare her away.

"Eva, listen I-"

"I do not want to listen anymore!" she yells and grabs her bag angrily.
No. No. No. She is not leaving me.. she is not..
"You're going to stay away from me until you plan on telling me everything," she warns, turns on her heels and stomps away from me.
Fear rushed through my veins, as I saw her walk away from me. This is not a break up. No. It is not. She's mine. All mine. I know I sound like a psychopath, but I cannot let her go away. I will make her mine.

"The show is over!" I bark at the audience, and storm out of the cafeteria. The girls went after Eva so I call one of them, while roaming around the corridors, looking for Gideon.

"Max?"

"Is she okay? Where are you guys?" I ask in a hurry.

"We're in the backyard. Don't come after us. She doesn't want to see you," she whispers.

"Take care of her." I hang up.

I'm about to open a classrooms door when his voice stops me. "Ahh, long time no see, brother."

I gritt my teeth and turn around. My blood starts to boil, as hot as lava, and my hands forming a ball. I pace a little closer, and swore. "You dare talk to her again, I'll rip your head off. In seconds, remember that, brother."

He grins showing his perfect set of teeth. "Oh my god. I'm so scared," he hummed sarcastically. He won't be getting sarcastic in a minute or so.

"Isn't the money enough for you?" It seems like it's not. I pay him every month, but still he did what I am most scared of. He came between Eva and me.

He laughs at that, his voice echoing through the corridor. "Oh, it's fine. I was wondering, what would darling Eva think when she would find out her perfect billionare is a murderer? I doubt she'll stay with you." Pain and hurt flashes through his face, his eyes going cold.

The familiar pain shot through my heart, that did 2 years ago. I try to calm my nerves, I try to focus on the good things I did with her, the times when I made her happy. But nothings working. "I did not kill her!" I shout and punch him.

I did not kill her.

********

Thank you for all your love and support guys.
Thank you for commenting and voting.
Don't miss out the next chap.
Ax