Chapter 31

5 years later

"Damon! Jacob! Stop hitting each other!"

My baby twins come running to me, and I narrow my eyes at them. God! Can they ever stop fighting? I gave birth to two little copies of Max! They behave exactly like their father.

And they're so hyper!

"Mommmyyyyyyyy!! He hit me first," Jacob whines. I angrily put my hands on my hips, and give them the *mommy is very, very angry* look.

"NOOOOO! He is lying, momma!! Shoot you, Damon!" What- The- real- hell? I seriously need to stop Max from cursing infront of theses little boys. For God's sake! My life has become a living hell!!!

"JACOB! Don't you dare use that word again!" I scold him, and then feel a little sad. It's not his fault. Max is always cursing around in the house. Ward, we are so having a talk.

Damon giggles, and slaps Jacob on the back of his head. He then runs out of the kitchen, a very pissed off Jacob after him.

I smile, after all they're still my boys.

Wiping my hands with the kitchen cloth, I make my way towards a sleeping Max.

Once I'm in through the door, the first thing that my eyes land on is a gigantic picture of Emma and Max on the cream coloured wall.
My heart swells, and happiness immediately bubbles inside me, causing my lips to curve into a big smile.

I have the most beautiful family in this entire universe

I slowly stride towards Max who is sleeping like an innocent baby. We all know how innocent he is.

"MAX!" I shout at the top of my voice.

He doesn't wake up.

"MAXXXXXX!"

He bolts up, and scans the room, a flash of worry taking over his painfully handsome face.

Once his sleep filled eyes rest on me, he releases a deep breath.

"For damn sake! You scared me!" He rubs his face with his huge palms and then opens his arms, motioning me to go over and give him his morning hug.

Nope. Not happening.

"No, Max! Do you know that Jacob, for the third time cursed at Damon?! It's all because of you! Just stop using that word in the house!" I cross my arms over my chest, and narrow my eyes at him.

He rolls his eyes, and his trademark smirk returns to his lips. "Watch your mouth, young lady."

Is he serious!

"Max! Try to understand!"

"No. You come here first."

"No."

"Come. Here."

"I.Said.No."

He again performs a 180 with his eyes, and warns, "Are we being defiant again?"

I shrug casually. "Are we?"

"Damn. Where'd you learn that attitude from?" he slowly grins at me, while I burn red.

Oh god! He isn't gonna stop. Argh!

Giving up, I march towards him, and sit beside him. He reaches for my hand and weaves are fingers tightly, smiles at our joined hands. When he looks up again, my heart flutters.

"Hmmm, you're glowing," he mumbles.

I yank my hand back, and he growls lightly.

"What!" He roars.

"You won't curse around them again. Is it clear?" I am being very brave right now. He doesn't like me to throw orders and commands at him. But I'm not wrong either. Our boys are gonna be very spoiled.

Just like this almost 27 year old billionaire.

He AGAIN rolls his eyes, and pulls my hand back in his huge one. I smile. Sometimes he acts like his three little munchkins.

"Where are my boys and my princess?" He asks as he lazily draws on my hand with his thumb.

"Twins are fighting, as usual. Emma is in her room."

"In her room doing what?" he questions.

I roll my eyes to myself. He knows what she's doing all the time.

"Playing with the doll house you gifted her."

A low laugh rumbles from his throat. "What time is it?"

"Nine," I whisper.

He gasps. "You woke me up at nine on a Sunday! Dammit, woman."

I slap his chest playfully, and he laughs.

This is us.

I don't know how to thank God for blessing me with everything.

For sure it's a gift.

All of it.