Chapter 17

^*EVA*^

To say I'm not guilty for lying to Gideon would be an understatement. The truth is that, I'm really messed up right now. I'm not thinking straight.

Max.

Max.

Max.

I can't stop thinking about him.
When he looked at me it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs floating into the air like midnight smoke. Every time we talked it felt like the we are the only ones left on Earth. I don't want to admit it, but I think I'm falling in love with him. Just the thought makes me panic, and scares me to death.

Hailey suggested that we should have a girls night tonight so here I am standing infront of my closet, trying to pick out an outfit. I'm not exactly in a mood to go out but I guess it's for my own betterment.

"Ready?" Hailey asks.
Nodding, I link my arm with hers, and together we stride in through the door of the bar.

"What do you want?"
"Anything with alcohol in it," I tell her, and she places our orders to the bartender.
"You go find a place to sit. I'll bring the drinks."
I kiss her cheek, and giggle. "Okay! Don't start flirting with the bartender."
She rolls her eyes, and I laugh uncontrollably.

Making my way through the sweaty and alcohol smelling bodies, I find an empty spot and hop on the stool. B

"And here I was thinking that Eva had to sort out her cupboards."
I jump out my skin, and almost fell from the stool, but he saves me from the embarrassment. Shit. Shit. Shit.
"Gideon," I whisper, my voice hoarse.

He plops himself down on the stool beside mine. Bracing his arm on the table, he props his chin in the palm of his right hand, and pouts. "I'm wounded." He fake hurts by placing his other hand on his chest.

Oh my god. He's being so damn cute. His chocolate brown eyes are sparkling with happiness. I know he's teasing, because I can see the corner of his mouth twitching.

"Umm.... I finished early," I lie, again. And start to feel guilty again.
"Quit the lying,Eva. I know why you're ignoring me." He rolls his eyes at me.
He does? "Yeah? And why's that"
"Because Max told you everything. So yeah, that's why you're feeling all awkward and weird with me."
"Max told you that?" I'm shocked.
"Ahan. After all, I still am his fathers wife's son."
"But, I thought you guys didn't get along well."
"Sometimes we don't. Sometimes we do. It just depends on his mood."

Before I could ask anything, Hailey joins us.
"And who is this gentleman?" she asks eyeing Gideon.
"You must be her sister. I'm Gideon, Eva's friend." He stretches out his hand to Hailey and she shakes it smiling.

Friend?

She sits down opposite to us, and places my drink on my side. I quickly pick it up, and gulp down all at once. Hmm, I really, really needed this.

"Easy there. You don't want me to carry you, do you?" He smirks at me.
I giggle, already feeling drunk. There must be some huge amount of alcohol in it.
"Nah, I can carry her. She deserves these drinks." Hailey cooes, looking at me affectionately.
"I doubt that. She is sort of... I mean she is not that fit," he teases, and then looks away like he has not said that I'm fat.

I am fat?

"I am not FAAAAAAt!" I whine.

They both throw their heads back and laugh out loud. Argh. Bastards.

Haileys phone rings and she excuses herself informing that it is an important call so she has to take it.

I look away from Gideon, trying to show him I'm wounded but I'm actually not, because I know I'm not fat.

"Aggressive much, huh?"

I still don't look at him (but I am smiling).

"Oh come onnnn! You know I was just messing around. Stop being all moody now," he whines.

Giving up, I tilt my head and give him my *puppy dog face*. He mirrors my reaction and I try my best not to laugh. He does actually look cute. A lot cute.

Max is all arrogant, demanding, control freak, possesive, and who can't hear someone replying him 'no', whereas Gideon is the complete opposite. He acts cute, he is not demanding, or possessive (but how would I know that he isn't), and behaves normal (unlike Max).

...

After drinking about... I don't know how many drinks, I hoist up from the stool ready to head home with Hailey. But my head starts to spin, causing me to clutch the table tightly.

"Hey, lemme help you."
"Ohh... No.. No I'm I'm fine. You go home, Gideon," I refuse, waving my hand in his direction.
"No, let me."
"Ugh.. Hailey can help me." My head hurts so bad right now, that I literally want someone to shoot me.
He laughs lightly. "You really think that? Look at her, Peter is carrying her in his arms. Now, if you want her to carry..."

Haileys boyfriend Peter also joined us, and we really had a good time with him. To be honest, Gideon is a really sweet guy. He told us about his teenage loves, and how he used to cause troubles every time. (And that reminded me of his sister).

"Fine. Please don't drop me," I pout.
He grins from ear to ear, while eyeing me. I blush lightly, and look away from him.
"I won't, sweetie."

Sweetie?

Did I hear him wrong? Yep, definitely wrong. Thanks to the alcohol.

"Ummm.... okay.. so."

He moves closer and just when he's about to slide his arm around my waist, a familiar voice fills my ears.

"Don't you dare touch my girl."

*****
Omg! Who could that be...
Vote and comment if you like this part.
Ax