Chapter 14

"A little throwback to Max, and his first love."

*Max's POV*
It took us forever to reach my fathers house.
There was a time when I adored my stepbrother, and-his sister, yet now it makes me so sick. It's really annoying, all I'm left with are negative thoughts, and the fear of losing the most spectacular girl I've ever met.

Without knocking, we go straight in and my previous life flashes through my eyes.

*2 years ago*
••••••••
Her soft laughter echoes in the hallway. She sprints upstairs, and even though I can catch her, I don't. I do run, but stay a little behind. Also taking the advantage of having some fun.
"You can't catch me!" She giggles, making her way towards her bedroom.
"Girlie, trying to play it cool?" I tease.
As soon as we enter her pink walled bedroom, I close the door behind me. I pace forward, my breathing along with hers coming in pants. I love the little games she plays with me. I just love, love, love it. And I love this beautiful 15 year old too.
I'm trying to get near her, but she's moving away. Her hazel ish brown eyes not at all leaving mine. This girl makes me smile, she makes me feel alive. I let the sound of her heavy breathing fill my ears, and invite the happiness to soak right into my bones. You see, her smile.. her smile does it all. She just has to smile. That's it. That's all that takes to make me relax and feel good.
"Max," she warns, and HAH! There's no more place for her to get back. I'm going to kiss her bed later.
She's 5'4 and I'm 5'9. Like woah. I cup her cheeks in my shaky hands, and she almost immediately closes her eyes. I smile, because she loves me just as much as I do.
"I love you, Anna."
"I love you, Max."
••••••••

"Max?"

I return back to reality, and the first thing I notice is my stepmom. That was literally the last thing on my mind. I feel someone's hand in mine, I look beside me and it's Eva's. She looks really nervous so I tighten my grip and giver her a smile before turning my attention back to this prick.

"Amarantha," I speak, my voice showing the least bit on interest. Every time I look into those brown eyes they remind me of Anna. She took all her looks from her mother.

"And who is this lovely lady?" She chirps, back on her 'social' greetings. This woman is so fake, I don't think I can ever develop a soft corner for her.

Eva clears her throat, and extends out her hand to Amarantha. As soon as her hand leaves mine, I feel left alone and broken by the missing contact. "Hi, I'm Eva."

"Ahh, Eva... I'm Mrs. Ward, and you may call me Amarantha."

Prick.

"If you don't mind, I want her to meet father," I say.

"Of course. He's in his office."

Without any further questions or talkings, I take Eva's hand, and make my way upstairs towards his office.

"You have a wonderful house," she admires, a small smile on her lips. She looks around observing the paintings, furniture, wallpapers, in complete awe.

"My fathers house," I correct her, and she nods.

"You'll love him," I whisper in her ear, and she jumps a little , and a low chuckle escapes from deep inside me.

"Stop that." She blushes a bright shade of pink, and lowers her gaze.

"Stop what?" I tease, a grin plastering on my face.

She laughs and rolls her eyes.

I hope we stay like this forever.

I knock on the door with my knuckles.

"Come on in," his deep voice blesses my ears from across the closed room. He's the person I love the most. After my mom died, he took great care of me, and then of course married Amarantha.

I open it and stride in, Eva behind me.

"Hi, Dad." I smile at him, and he mirrors my reaction.
He's sitting in his usual chair, piles and piles of papers infront of him. He works very hard. Most of the work which I'm supposed to do, is done by my father. I may be the owner of the company, but my dad actually runs it.

"Morning, son. And.. we have a guest?" He curiously eyes Eva, and she smiles softly.

"Yeah dad. This is Eva. Eva, this is my dad, Mark," I introduce, waving my hand between the two of them.

"Good morning, sir," she greets happily. I don't know if it's natural or a forced one. She's even better than me at hiding her feelings.

"Please call me Mark. Would you like a drink?"

She shakes her head, "No, thank you."

I slide my hands in the pockets of my pants, and speak, "I'll be in my room. I needed a few things. Ring me if you want to see me."

"Sure, son. Don't starve our guest to death," my father teases, and Eva laughs.

I look at her and a thousand different feelings rush through my veins. I smile. She's so wonderful, and charming. She's just perfect.
I never thought I would fall in love again,
but I think I am.

**********
'Don't go around looking for happiness. Stay carefree, love, enjoy life, and happiness will come looking for you..'
^ THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE.
Stay happy and restrain from committing sins.
Stay tuned, vote and comment if you like this.
Ax