Chapter 18

Max^

*Eva's POV*

What the heck is Max doing here?

Excitement rushed through my veins, and I sucked in a sharp breath. I love how we communicate through expressions. Right now he's really pissed, his lips are pressed tightly and beads of sweat are forming on his forehead.

And then what Gideon did was the last thing I expected from him. Grinning, he slid his arm around my tiny waist, and pulled me closer.
"There. I touched her, what you gonna do now, huh?"

Max closes his eyes tightly. Angrily, he inhales a lung full of air, and blew out noisily. His hands curling into balls at his side.
"You have half a second to pull your arm away. Or I'll cut it off. Your choice now," he gritts.

Wow! Two really handsome boys are fighting over me? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

"Nope. Not gonna happen. Not unless she asks me to." Gideon again gives me his puppy dog face, and mouths 'please me."
"Eva girly.. come here," Max's voice immediately becomes low, and soft. He spreads out his arms, motioning me to go over.

My brains telling me to stop.

But my drunken side is telling to run towards him and feel his warm embrace.

"No," I deny, my voice hoarse.
"Baby girl, you're drunk. Come here." He takes a step forward and I'm seconds away from changing my decision.

But I shouldn't, right? I mean he dumped me. He didn't contact or try to get to me. I don't care whatever problems he's having. He could've just left a text. But he didn't, I remind myself again.

"Ohh boy! Didn't you hear what the girl just said?" Gideon whines. He runs a hand through his silky soft hair and sighs deeply. "I'll make sure she gets home safe, don't worry pretty boy. Trust me."

Max laughs sarcastically. "Trust you? Trust you? Not gonna happen buddy," he barks at Gideon, making me flinch.

Oo.. Aggressive much?

"Girlie, what do you say? Him or me?" Gideon looks into my light brown eyes, and questions.

My drunken side takes over.

Looking up at him, I whisper, "You."

Maybe what I'm doing is right. I'm falling in love with a man who had destroyed a 15 year old. Who is the reason for her death. Who took away her happiness from her, and most of all, he is the one to take away a sister from a brother, a daughter from a mother, and who had beaten her wildly.

What if he does the same to me?

No, he won't.

He regrets what he did.

"Baby, don't trust him. Please?" Max pleads but I'm not thinking straight. My mind is empty empty ..... and I just can't think properly.

"Goodbye, Max."

******

Hey!
I know this chap is really short, so sorry..
The next one is about Eva, and Gideon so stay tuned. (And do not think Gideon will act the same as before).👀
Vote and comment
Ax