Chapter 23

A year later

Eva's POV
Oh my god!

I can't believe I'm getting married. I'm getting married to Max Ward.

My possesive billionare. Who has made me fall in love with him madly. Who takes my breath away every time he blesses me with his presence. I consider myself very lucky to be his wife.

Excitement rushed through my veins, and I took in deep breaths to calm down myself.
It's time. It's time to become Mrs. Ward.
I'm in my room, dressed in my white wedding dress, and a tiny amount of makeup applied on my face.

"Ready?" Hailey asks

"So ready."
I didn't want a big wedding party, so it's arranged at Max's house. We just invited a few of his close relatives and our school friends. If you're wondering why not any of my family, well I don't have anybody left except for Hailey. I never knew any of my relatives. Never.

Hailey's smile calms down my nerves that are going crazy. I don't know why I am so nervous. Well, obviously because I am getting married. But seriously, why do I keep on forgetting the lecture Max had given me? If I even get a least bit of uncomfortable, he will shoo away all the guests.

Now, a girl wouldn't want that on her wedding day, right?

"He loves me so much," I mumble more to myself with my eyes taking in my full length. It still doesn't seem real.

Hailey's slim arms wrap around my shoulders from behind. Her lips curve at the corners. "I know, or else you wouldn't be marrying him."

I hit her playfully playfully. "He's perfect." No, he has flaws, but I've seen him through them. I know how much the previous years haunt him, as he committed a worse sin. But he's regretting it. He still has nightmares about the whole incident, something I wasn't aware of before.

The knot in my stomach grows with each step I take towards the limousine waiting for me outside my house. My nerves are all over the place, and my heart beats faster with every step downstairs.

"Everything will go as planned, Eva. Now stop worrying," my sister assures me. I manage to give a tight nod.

------

My mouth hangs open in surprise as I am helped out of the car. The entrance to Max's house has rendered me speechless.

"I thought I asked him to keep everything simple," I mumble to mostly myself. From the peripheral vision, I see Hailey smiling. "This is too much. And so beautiful."

White rose petals are scattered in the path that I would be walking on inside. Their aroma does a great deal of calming me down. I take in a deep lungful of air, blow out, and put my feet into action.

The interior smells heavenly too. It's like Max knew my current situation and tried to help me out. Huge bouquets of flowers are placed on the giant table in the hallway, and men dressed in black and white uniforms expertly carry drinks on their tray, making their way out to the garden, where the ceremony is arranged.

"Wow! This man really loves you. Look how amazing everything is!" Hailey squeals in delight, and comes face to face with me. She rubs her hands excitedly, and chirps, "Let's cover your beautiful face with the veil!" Out of nowhere, a girl in the same uniform steps by with a thin white see through cloth in her hands.

"You look very pretty, Ma'am," she compliments with a sweet smile.

Hailey gathers the material in her hands, and spreads it out.

I force a smile to my face, trying to be friendly the girl. "Thank you."

Soon, the veil is covering my face, and half my upper body.

"Yay!" Hailey grins. "I have the most amazing sister in the entire world!"

I link my arm through hers, and a look at her with tears in my eyes.

"Join the club, Hails."
...
As I put my shaky hand in Max's, my whole body's on fire. He smirks. I can't believe this is really happening.
...
"I, Max Ward, take you Eva Taylor, to be my wife , to have, and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, and in health , to love and to cherish; from this day onward till death do us part."

My eyes already start welling up.

The crowd claps and cheers.

"Hey, wifey," Max whispers with soft, loving eyes.

Tears of happiness roll down my cheeks. I smile, and murmur, "Hey yourself, husband."

*****

Omg yay!
P.s It's not the last chapter. You guys will know what happened to Gideon.
Wohoo..
Stay tuned.
Ax