Chapter 27

I haven't finished yet.. YAY!
******

"Hmm, daddy will probably have a heart attack."

I start tickling her, and she laughs

I start tickling her, and she laughs. God! What did I do to deserve this gorgeous little angel? Just tell me what did I do?

Happiness bubbles inside me when I hear footsteps from outside Emmas room.

"Yay! Daddy's here," I chirp happily, and for the millionth time kiss her chubby cheeks.

The door unlocks, and I grin from ear to ear. He cannot see me as my back is towards him, but when he comes beside me and swings an arm around my shoulder, his mouth drops open. I bite my lip and chuckle at his reaction.

"Holy.." he gasps.

"Hello to you too," I step aside so he could see his daughter, and probably hold her? Perhaps.

He bends down and gently scoots her in his arms, and she smiles. "Hey, my beautiful little princess. Miss daddy?" Max pouts at her, and she giggles.

"Yeah.. mommy also missed you, husband."
I give him the 'puppy dog face'.

He grins. Taking a few steps towards me, he speaks, "What did I ever do to deserve you both?"

I know my eyes give him the answer he needs.

*Max's POV*
I take in every inch of my beautiful wife. It's been three days since I hadn't seen my babies. Thanks to the business meeting I had to attend that was arranged out of city.

Sometimes, I just wish to quit everything and stay home in the presence of my family. They seem to suck out every ounce of stress I have, like God literally made them for me. I could never be more grateful.

Today was going to be fun. We are going to drop Emma at Eva's  best friends house, so we could have our time. Rose loves Emma. She's always visiting now and then, or you could say out of 24 hours, she spends 18 with us. And then not to forget the stories she has to tell Eva about her BOSS.

I snap back to reality when Eva takes Emma away from my arms. I pout, already missing my little princess.

Eva rolls her eyes, and grabs the little bag she prepared for Emma's necessary things. "You're crazy."

I immediately rush towards her, and snatch the bag away from her hand. Is she insane? She could've dropped my baby!
"Eva! You could've dropped my baby!"

She narrows her eyes at me, and then a single tear rolls down. SHOOT! What did I do!
"Yeah, right. Max. How will you understand that she's not only your daughter? She's mine too! I know how to take care of her!" she yells, and Emma starts to cry. Wiping away her tears with her free hand, she angrily strides out of the room.

Guilt. It starts to build up inside me, and I pull my hair in frustration. Why do I always have to act this way? From the day Emma was born, I've almost stopped giving my wife attention. Most of the time I'm out somewhere, but when I do come home, I adore my little baby. How could I do this to my own Eva?

By the time I reach the garage, Eva has already put Emma in the car seat, and now she has her arms crossed over her shoulder, and I can feel her crying silently.

I immediately pull her in a hug, and mumble, "I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

"Right. Sorry." She laughs sarcastically. "Do you realise how hard it is for me? How hard it is to take care of Emma? And when you know the first thing your husband will do is adore his daughter, and completely ignore his wife. Not that I don't like you being such a good father to her, but. . ." she trails off.

"Look, I swear I don't intend to make you feel this way. You are my life. My whole life, I love you, and you know that." I pull back and give her an apologetic smile.

"You're really mean," she says, a little breathless.

I deeply inhale her sweet vanilla scent. "Hmmm, I know. Have you forgiven me?"

"How can I not?"

"Good. Love you," I murmur.

She smiles and ruffles my hair. "I love you, too."

I grin.

*****
I'm writing more chaps for all my viewers who love Max and Eva!
Who's sad that we're about to reach the end? ☹️