Chapter 20

Eva

Eva

Eva..

I hear the same voice I did before. Over and over again. But where am I? I can see a dazzling light coming from far end of a corner, making me shield my eyes with my hand. There's a tall, huge figure facing me, but as I walk towards it, it gets far away. I'm coming to get you, some voice echoes through the place where I'm currently at. I love you.

As I rouse from a heavy slumber I am first aware of the coolness of the air and it's loamy fragrance. My clothes feel damp. It's probably because of the dream I had. Who was that man? My heart tells me it's the one and only Max.

I examine my so called room, and as far as I can tell I am alone with the birds outside my window making their carefree sound around me, and in that sweet melody I feel more alone.

Suddenly, the door unlocks, and I suck in a sharp breath. It feels like someone is choking me. My heart races wildly and all I want to do is curl up in a ball and wait for someone to save me. But as far as I know, there's just me and him here.

"Ahh, that doesn't look bad." Gideon strides towards me, and flops on the bed beside me.

The adrenaline flows over in my veins. I can't move a single muscle, not even to scream. But why should I? Who's there to save me?

He gently caresses my tender cheek where he'd hit me yesterday, and I bite my lip from crying out.

"Wait, I've got something for you," he suddenly remembers and walks out of the room, returning a few seconds later.

He throws a shopping bag at me, and motions me to open it.

With shaky hands I guide my hand in and pull out the fabric from the bag. Its a black probably the shortest dress I've seen in the 17 years of my adventurous life.

He looks at me nervously, observing my reaction. I really think he has gone crazy.
"You like?" he asks.

I force the biggest smile I can, and nod. Maybe if I try to be all nice to him he'll let me go? Or I could somehow call Hailey or Max. Or the ' cops.

"You have 15 minutes to get ready and come out. There's no makeup cus I like you with a bare face. And most importantly makeup is a huge dislike for me." And with that he walks out.

I pull over the blanket to my head, and cry until there's no more water left to fall down.

I look over myself in the mirror, obviously not happy for doing all this. Hah. It's funny though. Do I have a choice in all this? I don't. I'm being forced.

...

"You look gorgeous," Gideon compliments, grinning.

"Thank you." I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Aren't you curious about why you're here...with me?" He eyes me, and I flinch lightly.

I take in a deep breath. "I know. You want to take revenge from Max by hurting me. Because you know I mean a lot to him. It wasn't that difficult to find out."

He claps his hands thrice, and grins. "How intelligent and smart. I'm impressed."

"Can't we go out of this room?" I ask him hopefully, and try to change the topic.

"So you could run away? Never, Eva." He leans in a little forward, resting his elbows on his thighs, and propping his chin in his palm.

If you're guessing where I am sitting, then let me tell you. He's sitting in a chair and I'm on my knees, at his feet. You know, like a slave..

I might have done something really horrible in my life, and now I'm paying for it.

...

It's dark outside. I'm standing at the window, trying to open it. Once. Twice. Thrice. Nothing. It won't open. I can't even see what's outside. The view. Because there's a shade outside that won't allow my eyes to observe. I'm completely trapped here.

It's been 5 days since I got kidnapped. And in those 5 days, I've received a lot of harsh treatment from Gideon.

I have a black eye. Both the sides of my cheeks are aching and swollen. My nose is probably broken, and my back is bleeding. I guess now the wound has stopped the bleeding but the pain just won't go away.

I'm exactly feeling, experiencing and bearing what Anna, Gideons sister did. And trust me, you guys it's not at all bearable. Every day I cry myself to sleep. Every day I wake up and prepare myself for everything.

Where are you, Max?