Chapter 19

Gideon helps me slide in his Range Rover, and then climbs in next to me.

"Where are we going?" I ask him yawning.

He passes me a cocky grin, and turns on the engine. "A place that you'll never forget. And trust me with that."

I raise my eyebrow at him in absolute confusion. "Are you planning on murdering me?"

He closes his eyes, and laughs while clasping the seatbelt. "Not exactly." He winks before cruising the car on the road.

I rest my head back, loving the warmth of the leather seats.

Did I make the right decision? Was I supposed to stay with Max? Did I make a huge mistake by trusting Gideon? What if he tries to hurt me?

Shaking my head, I force my myself to stop getting worried, and give my puzzled mind a break.

"Eva?"

"Hmm?" I mumble.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart. It'll be a harsh day tomorrow."

I nod, and don't know when I doze off into a deep sleep.

...

I can hear someone calling my name over and over again, but I am too tired to open my eyes.
Groaning, I roll over on my front, burying my face in some soft material.

Wait, what?

Quickly, I bolt up, and try to adjust my eyes in the too bright light. I try to observe my surroundings. I'm lying in a bed, a total strange room which I've never seen before.

Panick starts to build inside me, causing me run towards two of the doors I can see.
I try to open the first one, but it's a bathroom.

Oh my god! Have I been kidnapped? Where is Gideon?

Mentally cursing, and praying at the same time, I slowly open the next door, and oh thank god, it's leading to some far dark corridor.

I curse, and bravely take a step forward.
And bump straight into a hard chest.

"Tch...tch...tch."

Slowly, I drag my eyes to the mans face, and release a breath I didn't realise I was holding. Closing my eyes, I whisper, "Dammit boy. You scared me. Where are we?"

He harshly grabs me by my arm and drags me back into the room. He's gripping my arm so hard that it starts to hurt. I suck in a sharp breath through my teeth, trying my hardest to get free of his hold.

"Gideon! Let me go!" I shout at him, but he ignores me completely.

He forcefully pushes me, and losing my balance, I fall to his feet. He then grabs a fist full of my hair and pulls them so hard that I hold his hand to ease out some of the pain.

"Open your eyes!" He spits at me, and almost immediately I force them open.

"Gideon, please let me go. It hurts," I complain and break into loud sobbs.

He grins devilishly, and shakes his head. "Tell me, is it bearable?" he asks.

I manage to nod. It hurts so much, but I can bear it.

"Hmmm," he hums, and pulls even more harder.

I clench my eyes shut, as I scream in pain, the nonstop tears rolling down my eyes, wetting my chin. Is this how my life will end? Is he going to murder-

"Quiet!" he barks at me, releases my hair and hoists up walking over to a chair at the end of the room. But before settling, he strides towards the door, and locks it.

I get up on shaky legs, biting my lip from crying out, scared what he'll do to me.

I almost feel stupid. Stupid for trusting Gideon and not listening to Max. Stupid to even think this man could be nice to me, considering that I belong to Max. But am I really to blame? I wasn't sober. I was drunk, and people make wrong decisions when they're high. So yeah, I also did it. I mentally laugh at myself. I am the one who got me into this situation.

It's all clear now. Gideon was trying to show me how good and trustworthy he is so he could kidnap me, and God knows do what, but-

"Baby, stop crying." He pouts.

I look at him with a horrified look. Is he insane? What is actually wrong with him.

Wiping away the salty tears, I manage to speak through my sobbs. "Gideon, please take me home."

He laughs at that. "But I'm having fun! Please, baby. This is the last time I'm asking you to to. Stop. Crying." His voice becomes serious, and his lips press into a think line.

"FOR GOD's SAKE! Take me home!" I whine, and scream in frustration.

"Remember, you forced me to do this."

I look at him, confused and scared at the same time. He slowly marches towards me, cracking his knuckles at the same time.

"Don't come near me," I warn, taking a step back.

He grabs my chin, and slaps me hard with his right hand. Sharp pain shots through my jaw, and I scream loudly. Losing my balance, I fall on the marble floor. As soon as my head collides with it, I lose consciousness and darkness swallows me up.

Why am I getting punished for something Max  is responsible for?

*****

Stay tuned, sweethearts!
Make sure to vote.
Comment if you still like Gideon..
Ax