Chapter 7

It's been 2 days since the last time I saw Max. He hasn't been attending school. Nobody knows where he is, or what's wrong with him. I'm slightly worried about him, because it's kinda scary that nobody has heard of him.
But I'm glad that tonight I'll be going out with a few of my friends I made at school. Tonight, I'm going to be Max-free. Yep, you're right. I am so getting wasted.

"Hailey!" I shout. "I'm going out with my friends, see you... sometime." I make my way towards the front door.

"Are you seeing Max! You lady! Tell me what's going on," she asks in awe. I roll my eyes. She's always assuming something is going on between us.

"I haven't even heard from him in a long time," I tell her unlocking the door.

"Okay, muaah!" She blows a kiss at me, and I catch it with my hand. "Love youuuu, and have fun."

"Love you more."

~

"Okay... one... two.... three.... goooo."
I gulp down the liquid thing in my glass (not alcohol) , and mumble, "This juice thing is so good!" (Lol)

"Ooo, someone looks satisfied," Tanner, one of the guys at school says to me.

"Yeaa, very much."

"Here, take this too," Allysa offers, and puts her glass infront of me.

"I'll pay for this one too," I tell her. These juice things are way too expensive. Are they made of gold?

Then they both excuse themselves to get something else for us.

~

They're taking too long. Like seriously? Are they making it themselves, or what?

"Hey, sexy."

I jump out of my skin, and bolt up. "You scared me." I laugh uncomfortably, and immediately regret wearing this tiny dress when this strange, almost 50 year old stares at my body.

"I did? Don't worry babe, It's just me. Wanna go back there?" He ask as he points over my shoulder.

"No." I look around but Tanner and Allysa are nowhere to be seen.

He moves a little closer and I gasp. Panick starts to build inside me, and I quickly move a step back, only to collide with a wall. Wait... no not a wall, but a chest.

I face him.

Max.

"You okay?" he asks, as he studies me with a concerning look. Oh thank God!

I nod, a little out of state. I've always been scared of men with disgusting behaviour.

He pulls me behind him, walks over to the flirt guy, and grabs him by the collar of his shirt.
"You dare touch her again, and I'll break your damn hands!" Max roars at him, his jaw tight, his knuckles going white because of gripping the shirt too tightly.

"Hey man! I'm sorry," the guy cries.

I rush towards Max, and rub my hands on his perfect back. "Max, it's okay. Leave him," I soothe him, and please God don't let him do something stupid.

"Prick!" he barks and pushes him away forcefully. He runs a hand through his hair, and is muttering something in his mouth.
He stops pacing, and faces me.

"Are you really okay? Do we need to break his bones? he whispers softly, scanning every inch of my face.

Did he not hear me the first time?

"Max, don't do anything stupid. I am fine. Where were you for these past days?" I ask with a frown. I'm glad there's loud music going on so people can't hear us probably. Privacy is the most important thing in my life. I hate people knowing about my life and decisions.

He takes in a few deep breaths before speaking. "I know...... I..  I am sorry, Eva. I just wanted break from school and all the duties." He laughs shakily. "I'm not even surprised that I couldn't sleep through the nights."

There's one thing I am dying to know about him. What's going on in his life? Is he having some family issues? Because I am sure there's no financial crisis going on.

"I don't like mainstream bars and clubs," Max says in disgust as we pass through the sweaty and drunk crowd making our way towards the exit.

I laugh. "Yea? And why's that? Lower standards?"

"I don't know, they smell like..... total teenagers, drunk and sweaty,  like smoke and drugs. Ew. Just ew," he shakes his head in disbelief, and opens the door for me.
We walk out , and his Aston Martin is just parked outside.

I am glad we're out because the music blasting inside was giving me a severe headache. Also, I was having breathing problems in such a sticky and thick atmosphere.

"I am gonna go home now," I announce, grabbing my phone and typing a quick text to my friends who are currently inside.

"I'll drop you, come on."

"No, Max. I'll get a cab," I argue, scanning the area.

He glares at me in a don't-test-my-patience, and I sigh heavily. "Fine, whatever."

_____

I'm so happy for both of them! Yay! Finally..
Stay tuned for next chap.
Vote and do tell me your options about my book.
Ax