Chapter 10

*Max's POV*

I slap $20 on the counter, and grab my coffees from the waitress, thanking her rudely. I'm going out of mind right now. I think Eva is mad at me because I could tell by her face she wasn't okay. So what! I just wanted to be there for her like a friend!

I park my baby (Aston Martin)  in my usual spot, and make my way towards the schools cafeteria. It's lunch time and Eva would be sitting with her friends. I hope there is no boy there because I for sure will strangle him. I know, neurotic, but I cannot deny the fact I feel something for her. It's a scary feeling, but we don't control it, right?

She's sitting there laughing with her friends. She has become like a drug to me, the one that puts my mind into sparks. As I watch her smile and the way she tucks her hair behind her ear I want her with me, before the lunch break finishes. She stops laughing when she spots me gazing at her and the warmth fading away from her eyes. She quickly looks away.

Okay.

What. Even. In. The. World.

I pace towards her table. "Ladies," I cooed. They all blush madly, but guess what? I don't give a trash. This girl is all I think about, and right now she's being moody. "Hello, Eva," I greet her with my dazzling smile . I place the coffees, her and mine, on the table. The tension between us is... weird. I look around and the girls immediately look away, some start to chat. I take Eva's freakin' soft hand in mine, and rub my thumb over it. "Is my girl being moody because I asked you about the reason you denied Rose?" I ask her softly.

She looks at me, and shakes her bead. "No. You seriously need to tell me about your past, Max," she whispers.

I close my eyes for a brief moment. My past is what I never tell anyone about. Not even my own sibling. Hell, not even my parents. My past aches me, it brings back memories I don't dare want to remember. It's like..... I'm being stabbed over and over again, but I can't defend myself. I've done the most horrible thing ever. I'm afraid if she knows about my past, she'll run a mile and never return. But somewhere deep inside my heart, I have this feeling that she won't leave me. She sees the real me..

"Max?"

I pull myself out of my thoughts, and sadly smile at her. "What do you wanna know?"

"Everything. Everything about you, Max," she beggs her voice breaking. I hate her seeing like this. Hate it, that I'm the one to cause her pain.
But wait... where did my past come from.
"Why suddenly do you wanna know about my past? Did anyone tell you anything?"

She nods. "I met this guy earlier. He said you both had a past, and you'd tell me the story."

No.

No.

No.

My heart stopped beating.

"Who?" I question, my voice low, breaking, hurt, and concerned.

"Gideon."

********

Aww, Gideon's heart is breaking. Again.
Stay tuned for the next chap. Don't forget to vote and comment, and from now onwards I'll be dedicating my chapters to the people who support me!
Ax.