Chapter 25

Max
After a long and hectic day, we made our way back to the hotel.

I immediately jumped on the bed, and closed my eyes.

"Max?"

I quickly open them and look at my life. "Yes, girly. You okay?" She's standing with one of her hands flat on her stomach and the other on her mouth. I bolt up straight, look at her, worried. She looks so pale all of a sudden.

"Max... I don't feel-..." She trails off and rushes towards the bathroom.

Panick builds up inside me, and I run after her.
She's on her knees, gripping the toilet seat.

What the hell?

I hold back her hair, and soothe her, "Hey, it's okay.. you'll be fine."

Once she has emptied her stomach, she pushes me away, and paces towards the sink. I follow her.

"Don't look at me," she says, waving her hand at me, shooing me away.

"Don't you ever say that again, Eva. Don't you dare, ever."

She splashes some water on her face and then grabs the towel. "Just go."

"Baby, should we go to a doctor?" I ask softly, cupping her cheeks.

A single tear escapes, followed by many other. "If that's okay with you.... I really don't feel good..." Her voice breaks, and she hugs me tightly, whilst gripping my shirt.

"Are you kidding? Of course we'll go. You know sometimes I feel like strangling my baby girl."

...

The lady doctor squirts some jell on Eva's tummy, whilst I hold her hand tightly.
She carefully examines the monitor beside her, and then smiles.

"Hmm, Congratulations Mr

"Hmm, Congratulations Mr. and Mrs.Ward." She chirps happily.

Oh my god.

Oh Jesus!

"Eva, you're expecting a baby."

She begins to cry, whilst laughing, and I grin.
From the moment this young lady entered my life, all I have ever been is happy. She has completely changed my life. She has made me a different person. And now, she's blessin' me with a baby. I don't know what is happiness, if this isn't.

"I'm writing some vitamins, make sure she takes one everyday. I'll also recommend you to eat ginger biscuits, as it will help you with the morning sickness." She tears the paper and hands it over to me.

Once she's out of the room, I look at my baby and she's grinning. I roll my eyes knowingly.
"Duh."

"What!" She whines.

"Okay.. yeah, yeah I get it. You're grinning because Ava also used to eat ginger biscuits when she was pregnant. I don't know what's so special in him. Like duh. He's just a book character, he's not even alive." My wife has a thing for unreal humans. The first thing she said to me after we got married was that she's now Mrs.Ward. Ya'll have no idea how jealous I had got. I don't care if that  is not real or what so ever. This woman right here is mine. End of.

"Book characters are baby." She pouts.

I again roll my eyes. "Your baby is still growing."

I pull her up, and help her wear her shoes.
"Come on, young lady. We've gotta do a lot of shopping for our little peanut."

She laughs and hits my arm playfully. "Stop! It doesn't suit you."

"Sarcasm doesn't suit you, lady."

She laughs even more, and I take in every sound of her voice.

She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love her with all my life.

****
Don't miss the last chapter!
Yay
Ax