Chapter 24

*Max's POV*

She's taking too long. Too damn long. I sit on the bed with a frown on my face.

"Eva! How long will you take?" I shout, annoyed.

The bathroom door unlocks and she leans over the door, looking like a perfectionist . By the way she's chewing on her lip, I know for sure she's nervous, but about what, I'm not so sure. This girl is like crazy. She drives me crazy mad all the time with her stubborn and kinky personality.

And right now because of the pieces of almost 'nonexistent' clothing wrapped around her body.

"What the hell are you even wearing ?" I ask, pointing at her little 'thing' she's wearing

She strides towards the bed, and raises her eyebrows. "They're clothes?" It came out more like a question from her mouth than an answer.

No way. No way in this world is she wearing these clothes and going out. I will probably die of jealousy. Every damn guy will check her out.

"Eva, if I didn't love you so much, these clothes would've been on the floor in 500 million pieces. Wear something decent!"

I climb out of the comfy bed, and pad across the room to the closest, grabbing the first decent dress that comes in sight. I am doing this for her own benefit, because I know after what happened with Gideon, she won't be able to heal this time. Seeing her in pain tightens my chest, it chokes me.

"Max, you cannot expect me to wear high neck, and long dresses. For God's sake I'm almost 20! Stop being so unreasonable." I can sense her near me. Her vanilla scent is floating around me in the air.

My eyes go wide in horror, and my hands curl into a ball. "No."

"Yes." Is she going to argue with her husband?

"Girly, please? Please, NO," I beg, giving her my puppy dog face which always counts in my favour.

She sighs, and crosses her arms over her chest.
"Nah."

Jesus Christ.

Did she just deny me even after I gave her that face?

"Tch..tch..tch.. Getting brave, are we?" I step closer, my teeth being flashed at her.

She points, knowing how I never seem to win an argument when she acts all cute. "Fine. You win." Woah! There's a shocker.

"Gimme 10 minutes," I say, and ruffle her hair before marching away.

As I get back to my wife who's waiting for me in the hotels lobby, I instantly thread my fingers through hers

As I get back to my wife who's waiting for me in the hotels lobby, I instantly thread my fingers through hers. She tightens the grips and smiles upon seeing me.

"Wow, excited much?," she teases.

"Hmmm, only ever with you," I promise.

"What do you think will happen to him?" She tenses all over, as she worries her bottom lip.
I know who she's talking about.

"I don't know. He's still in jail." Gideon didn't only abuse my wife. Well, what he did to her was worst then ever. But he has destroyed many other girls.

Only I know how she survived. How her wounds healed, and trust me, it broke my damn heart to see her like that. I've watched how she mended herself together, something I hope no girl ever faces in her life.

"I hope he never gets happy." She whispers.

"He won't."

"I hope we are forever," she murmurs, and turns around so that she's facing me.

"Alway and forever." She smiles and my heart swells.

"Let's not get emotional. We've got the whole Dubai to explore," she tells me, and tugs at my sleeve. "Let's go!" She excitedly chirps.

I let her pull me, and laugh along with her, as we make our way towards our awaiting Range Rover.

"No, baby. You've gotta explore Dubai," I correct her whilst grinning.

She laughs, and I love what it does to me.

I love what she does to me.

****

Stay tuned!!
Ax