II - Mom and Mamma

Pulling up the driveway to my two story house, I laid my head on the steering wheel. The rain had stopped hours earlier, but drizzle still soaked the earth. 

My Chevy impala, of the year 67' was my pride and joy. Falling in love with the model of the car, thanks to Dean Winchester. The leather seats offered a sense of comfort, sucking in a deep breath, I prepared myself to walk into my house. 

Looking up, I could see my moms dancing in the kitchen. Momma's afro hair contained in a bun on her head and Mom dressed in her work uniform. A crisp suit. A silver dress shirt and a cute white jacket. 

My mom own a bar town town called 'be your own'. It's a very popular gay bar, but not limited to just them. We have themed nights, and on saturady we have Drags. Its a multi-cultural haven for anyone and everyone. And yes, you're looking at one of their trustee waitresses. 

I've been working since I was 14, but only recently was allowed to become a mixer. And its hard. Mixing drinks like the 'cocktini' and the 'CougarTea'. Our specialites as well. 

Slipping out of the car, I gripped my back pack, thowing it over my shoulder before entering the house. Closing my eyes, I allowed myself to bask in the familarness of home. My home. 

"There is my baby girl" I heard Mamma coo, bracing my small body in a hug. Smiling, I wrapped my arms around her stomach.

My mamma, is definately a fashion forward parent.  Being a lwayer does that to you. Her grey pantsuit complementing her bronzed skin, her black heels making her figure even more taller than without. Her dark chocolate eyes, always warm and friendly. Even when she's trying to be scary. And the best thing, her beautiful, uncontrollable afro. 

Pulling away, I saw my mom. My mom, the same colour hair as me, but different eyes. I inheritated one of her eyes and one of, assuming, my biological father. 

Heterochromia iridium is what it is called. Two different coloured eyes due to the lack of pigmentation. But only my family, my opticion and the people that delieved me know. On the outside I inhertied my mothers brown eyes. Both eyes. But thanks to couloured contacts lenses, the world doesnt know.

I started wearing cotacts at 11, when I was heavily bullied for the fact that I was different. So when we moved to the small, sleeping town that is Gallow Falls, I changed. And I was never bullied for being different again. But bullied for being a nerd, so it improved, I guess.

Looking at my small family, you can see who I was born from. But love isn't if I was grown under someones heart, but in it. That what my mamma likes to tell me, almost, every, night. 

My momma came into my life when I was 2, But it's feels like she has been their forever. One of my forever best friends. 

"Need me to work tonigt, mom?" I questioned my mother, who had placed a gentle kiss to my temple.

"If your free, hun. I can always tell Jules he can't be the celine impersonator tonight." My mother joked, smiling I nodded before running upstairs and to my bedroom. 

Kicking the door open, I dropped my bag and my body onto my bed. Kicking my converse off, I wrapped myself in my unmade bed from this morning. 

Staring at the celling, my eyes were filled with the stick on stars that littered every corner, not yet having premission to light up my room. 

Turning towards my nightstand, I set an alarm for 4:45pm, giving myself a quick nap of 20 minutes. 

20 minutes later, no sleep came but a plaguing thought of 'I got to get out of bed'. Slipping out of bed and walking to my closet I pulled out my almost all black outfit of which was my unifrom for work. 

Pulling the black, low cut shirt with the logo of the bar on, I slipped on my skinny jeans and my knee high boots. 

An 9 hour shift in heels, idiot right? 

I'm preparing myself for a life of walking in the things. This is expected of not just women but what my mom expects. I can't walk around my whole life wearing converse. Converse don't go with dresses, heels do. Training myself is the only way I know I'll be able to survive the adult world which I'll be plunged into in mere months.

Grabbing the essentials and putting them in my bag, I skipped passed my mamma, gracing her check with a kiss before running to my car. 

Arriving at the bar, I parked up and ran, bumping into a group of teenagers muttering an apology before continuing. Arrive at the club at 5:29. 

Walking passed the bar, my mother gave me a disaproving look before trying to calm Jules down. Approaching the pair, I placed a gentle hand on Jules shoulder, nodding at my mother to leave.

"And what is the matter Jules?" I questioned the young man

"My Celine isn't ready!" He stressed, throwing his manicured nails in the air. 

Tonight is the celebrity impression night. It could be a performance or an act, Jules planning on doing both is stressing. Getting a shot glass and filling it with a single tequila, I passed the glass to the boy who threw it down without hesitation.

"I've seen you practise, you are more than ready." I ensured, "Plus, I think I'm looking at the obvious star."

A look of sheer confidence overtook his face. Standing tall, he did a little bow before scampering off to wherever he had set up his make shift dressing room. 

Laughing, I downed a quick shot myself, preparing myself for tonight before making my way to my locker. Pushing my bag into my locker, I wrapped my apron around my waist, ready for the doors to open. 

Joining my mother at the doors at 5:56, ready for her to open the doors. Quickly unlocking the door, the regulars filled in, and a few new people ready for a show. 

Half an hour gone, 8 and a half left. Roll on 2am.