VII - Bartender to Bartender

When my mom called me asking to work I thought that it was packed, they needed extra workers. But no. Marco had a gig so couldn't work as a waitress. And tonight it's barely even half the capacity.

Sat at a bar stool at 11:28 with nothing to do is the worst thing. Just waiting to close.

A drink was placed in front of me by one of the permanent workers that has been here since opening. Jolene.

"It's from the Broad." She clarified from my confused look, pointing towards the end of the bar sat my mom, who casually raises a glass to me.

Laughing slightly, she made her way towards me, taking the seat next to me. She took a gulp of whatever her drink was before starting the conversation.

"Bartender to bartender, not mom to daughter." She stated before saying, "What's gotcha down?"

Laughing, I took a sip of my drink to find it being just coke. "Boys." I muttered regretfully, laying my head on the bar.

"Give her a shot" I heard my mom request before adding "and give me a double"

After a few seconds, three shot glasses were placed on the bar. Lifting my head up, I downed the shot before nodding for another, my mom copying the action.

After another shot, my mom asked, "Boys huh? Mamma right?"

"Bartender to bartender" I reminded before saying, "He's an ass like 99% of the time"

"And the 1%?"

"I don't even know what he is then. He threatening and scary one moment and the next I kind of feel..."

"Annoyed, scared, horny?" My mom asked horrified

"Safe, mom. I feel safe." My mother looked relieved, turning her head away before it snapped back, almost giving her and myself whiplash

"Safe?" She questioned to herself, "He makes you feel safe?"

"Only 1% of the time." I answered

Raising my hand, I signalled for another 4 shots, two for me and two for my mom. Taking the last shot, the void seat next to me was filled, looking at the person. I groaned before slapping a fake smile apon my lips.

"Joseph. Can I help you?" I slurred

"Is this him?" My mother whisper shouted

"Nah. He's taken anyways" I clarified for her

"Huh?" Joey asked

"I informed my mother on the situation you walked in on."

"What situation?" My mother asked

"When your sober. Go clean up before I call Mamma to get us."

I drank my mothers last shot that she forgot about before turning to Joey, who was eyeing me in what I could only assume was concern. Genuine concern.

"And what do you want boy scout?" I muttered, slipping out of my seat and attempting to make my way around the bar. When I failed miserably.

Bloody high heels.

Joey helped me to my feet and around the rest of the bar and into the back. I banged pathetically onto the office door and called through that I was going home, and my mother agreed that I should.

After getting my things, I excited the bar to find my best friend, her lover and my lover- no not lover. My nemesis. Lucifer. No, not the devil. That bloody cat from Cinderella.

"Hello fellow humans." I greeted before turning to Xavier and muttering "Lucifer"

I grabbed my keys from my bag and started swaying in the direction of my car. I kept walking, and due to my state of drunkenness didn't have time to comprehend that something was blocking my path and fell.

Laying on my back, I stared at the sky and remembered my bedroom celling. Smiling, I felt a hand lace in mine.

"Lucifer, huh?" The voice mused, knowing full well that I call people Lucifer when I have a smidge of a crush on them. 

That smidge that I am planning on killing under my Mamma's louis Vuitton heel. Hopefully the blood will blend in with the cherry red sole of the beautiful shoes that I want a pair of.

"Not now, Lolo" I giggled, but stopped when a pain went searing through my head. "My contacts hurt"

"Take them out then" Lois commented, squeezing my hand

"And allow people I'm not friends with see my biggest insecurity" I mused before yelling, "Bitch, No!"

Laying silent for a couple minutes, I saw dark figures approaching us. Standing upside down the boys looked down at us.

"I'm gonna hurl" I stated before throwing my body up and emptying my entire stomach content into the nearest bin, which was a couple steps away.

A hand started rubbing my back but I pushed them away, "No! I look like a dying ginger rat. Be gone Nemo" wiping my mouth before giggling hysterically.

Reaching up, I let my hair out of the hair tie it had been in since I started work and started walking back to my car.

"No you don't" A voice called grabbing me by the waist and stopping all my movement. I didn't need to turn around to know who was holding me. The erupting of Goosebumps was enough.

"Stone, let go."

"Stone?" He asked confused, his cold façade slipping accidentally for a few, long seconds.

"I thought you didn't want me to call you by your name." I snapped, ripping my body from his clutches

Looking at Lois, I questioned "Drive me home, please."

She silently nodded whilst whispering, "Fucking Lucifer" under her breath 

Getting in the car, She pulled from the parking space before questioning "It just had to be him. That bloody cat!"