XV - Friends?

It had been two weeks since the sleepover and when you wake up in bed with someone who you clearly have feelings for but only select few knows, everything has been more or less the same. Well except for the fact that we, myself and Xavier were trying to be friends. Key word being trying. We still argue, a lot but we always make up before we go to sleep. But every time I see my friends they have a smile on their face all I can think about is waking up and cuddling into him...

Flashback

Waking up, I had never felt so uncomfortable in my life. It wasn't the position but that nagging feeling that I was being watched. And my suspicions were confirmed when a voice called, "Awww, They're so cute."

Slowly turning, I snuggled more into my pillow, which didn't really feel like a pillow but at this moment in time, I couldn't care less if it was a pillow or a lion. Something warm pulled my waist closer to the pillow, but I didn't try to pull away, just happily laid as the pillow moved me closer to the other pillow. Wait, Why have I got so many pillows?

Placing a hand on the pillow in front of me, I tensed, and so did the pillow. Slowly opening my eyes, I was faced with his eyes. My eyes innocently, followed each curve of his jaw, the plumpness of his lips and the sharpness of his nose, until I met his eyes.

He was laying on his back, my chest on his chest, our legs tangled in the sheets. Resting my chin on his chest, I looked up and saw a small smirk was dancing across his face and I knew, that he knew, that I was checking him out.

Untangling my legs from the boy, I slowly pulled my body away from his burning body and turning away from him, lifting myself off the bed, I saw all our friends watching our little encounter with smiles on their faces.

Sighing, I gently rubbed my sore eye, forgetting to remove the contacts before falling asleep again. Opening my mouth, I answered as cool as I could, "What? We're friends." before getting up and leaving the group.

Walking away from the group, I ignored the unfamiliar burning sensation that settled over my chest. Unknown that I would feel it again and against and again over the next few weeks.

End of flashback

Over the last two weeks whenever Xavier greets me it's 'friends' this and 'friend' that and I don't know why. But it hurt. Like a lot.

Walking to the entrance of the cafeteria, I quickly spotted my larger group, Lois and Damon all mushy and the boys and Blake talking. Almost walking through the doors, a body quickly blocks my path. Looking up I found Noah. Again. Recently he hasn't been a problem, but now I guess he's back to being himself.

Standing just outside the doors, I looked at my friends hoping someone would notices, when Lois eye caught mine. She shushed everyone at the table and they all looked over at my direction. 

"Noah." I greeted the boy, looking behind him and to my friends again, mentally pleading for help. But as Xavier went to stand, Lois pulled him back down.

"Hey Violet" Noah smiled, his eyes squinting slightly, "You look beautiful"

"Thanks Noah" I spoke, running my hands over my jeans, I went to walk away, but he called me again

"So, I was um-" He stuttered, "will you go out with me?"

Closing my eyes, I sighed before looking at the boy. I blocked out all sounds, focusing on the boy. 

"Noah, your lovely. But I can't. I've told you before-" I muttered regretfully

"Is it another guy?" He questioned, hurt being the present emotion in both his eyes and voice. 

"Noah..."

"It is, isn't it?" He snapped, his emotions getting the better of him.

"Yes!"

"Who?" He asked. 

Ignoring the boy, I walked passed him and quickly slipped onto the table. Puffing out a breath of freedom, which was short lived when Noah squished onto the table, next to Xavier. 

"What the hell, Noah?" I whisper-yelled, looking around the cafeteria to see if anyone was noticing his abrupt arrival, "I don't owe you anything."

Looking back at the boy, leaning across the table, I muttered "I'm sorry"

"Do you love him?" He asked, looking genuinely hurt, shaking my head, he spoke "Just tell me. so I know not to chase after you anymore." 

Looking at my friends, I noticed that Xavier also looked intrigued to know the answer. Looking at Noah, I nodded, Muttering "Yes. I think I do."

As soon as the words were released from my lips, a set of three squeals ripped through the air. One of each belonging to Lois, Blake and Damon. Surprisingly, I know.

Noah nodded and stood up, and as he left placed a gentle kiss on my head. Closing my eyes, I reached into my bag and pulled out my sandwich. 

Avoiding my friends eyes, I bit into the sandwich before Damon spoke, "You love somebody, huh?" 

Looking up he looked surprised and amazed, his eyes flicking between myself and Xavier. 

"Uh, I think so." 

"So, are you dating the guy, or girl, that you 'love'?" He questioned, leaning over the table, trying to get me to reveal my secrets to the group.

Glaring at the boy, he raised his hands in mock surrender before urging me to continue on and to answer his question. 

Looking at Xavier, whose jaw was clenched, looking away from everyone, including me. 

"I'm pretty sure its a one-way street. He doesn't like me, like that. But yah-know." I muttered into the sandwich, before adding, "It's life."

It was a silent tense minutes, I could feel my friends looking at me but my eyes were on him. But he didn't seem to care. His eyes cast over the room, his jaw clenched. 

"So you do love him?" Lois called, my head snapped to face hers. Her eyes blazing with Curiosity, leaning back I watched Xavier, who was still scanning the room.  "This Lucifer, the bane of your existence?"

"Yeah. I do" I snapped, eyeing her word choice. Remembering the countless time I reference him as Lucifer. The cat from Cinderella.

She squealed, reaching her Blake's shoulders and shaking her violently. Before she calmed down and her eyes went to Xavier. 

His jaw had relaxed slightly, but his eyes still avoided the table. Looking at Lois, I nodded slightly before I stood up and throwing my sandwich away, my hunger lost. Yet again this year.