XXIII - Bloodshot

Waking up due to the throbbing pain in my eye was a major irritation, I groaned and tried to get up out of bed, but the grip currently locked around my waist didn't budge. 

Opening my eyes, I found myself on top of Xavier's chest, my head tucked between his shoulder and neck. His bare skin sending waves of heat through his shirt, I'm currently wearing, and into my skin. 

Looking over his shoulder, my eye caught the time displayed on the neon clock. 01:48am. 

Lightly poking the body, I tried to wake him up to remove his arms. But he didn't budge, the only indication that he was slowly waking up was the fast movement of his eyes behind the lids. 

"Xavier..." I Whined, "Wake up." 

Slowly his eyes fluttered open before he yawned and questioned, "What time is it?"

"Almost two." I answered, looking around the room which was submerged in darkness, I muttered "I need to tak- use the bathroom." 

Nodding, he slowly released me and allowed me to go to the bathroom. Closing the door, I turned the light on and mentally cursed myself when the light blinded my vision for a few seconds.

Moving towards the mirror, I saw the redness and the amount my eye was bloodshot a realised I wouldn't be able to wear contacts for the rest of the trip. Sun glasses it is.

Throwing the now useless contact, I quickly used the toilet and washed my hands before going back to the bed. Now only Xavier was sat on the edge of the bed waiting for me, the lamp now lowly lighting the room.

Turning away from the boy within the speed of light to avoid him seeing my eye. But soon enough, I felt a hand clasp my chin and move my face round to his. 

Closing my eyes, I felt his breath touch my face. Refusing to open my eyes.

"Show me." 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I chuckled nervously

He let out a sigh before muttering, "When you laugh only one of your eyes brighten, I assumed that you had a fake eye first." 

Laughing lightly, I waited for him to continue, "And now your hiding your eyes from me, so is it a contact?" 

Turning my head away from his voice I slowly opened my eyes. Deciding whether to let someone know my secret that only a hand full has known since I moved to this town. 

Turning to him, I faced the floor before I allowed my bare eye to meet his. My mismatched birth defect that he didn't look disgusted to see. 

He slowly re-approached me, his hands falling onto my cheek before he placed a light feathered kiss to my lips.

He muttered, "Beautiful." whilst running his thumb under my now blue eye, before pulling away and me with him, following him like a lost sheep. My love taking over every action that I took with him. 

He then continued to pull me closer to the bed, I climbed over to my side through his, and he soon followed after turning the light off. 

His arm soon found my waist and curling my body into his side. Then mine climbing into my original position, but not before I placed a light kiss to the nape of his neck. 

Darkness overcoming me, a smile of satisfaction and acceptance on my face.

He wasn't disgusted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stirring I swatted away the arm that was trying to wake me slowly. Turning away, from the hand, I made myself comfortable before trying to fall back asleep. 

Finger tips slowly brushed across my shoulder, a shiver racked through my body before the finger tips were replaced by light feather kissed. 

A soft moan escaped my lips before I could stop it. Snapping my eyes open, I pushed myself off the bed, another body falling with me.

Covering my face with my hand, I groaned as he laughed at my reaction. 

"It's not funny." I snapped, uncovering my face. My mismatched eyes glaring at the boy on top of me. 

Smiling, he placed his lips on mine in a swift but effective kiss in shutting me up. "You're cute." He smiled, before adding, "And you have 20 minutes to get ready."

Looking at the boy, he made no move to show he was joking, so I did anything a girl would do in their situation, I screamed "Fuck." 

Pushing the boy off me, I scrambled to my feet before running into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth, I checked if my hair was okay. A little greasy, it'll survive. spraying some dry shampoo in my hair and styling it into a messy ponytail, I washed my face and ran back into the bedroom. Xavier was sat on the bed, playing some game on his phone. 

"Time?" I questioned, ruffling through my clothes.

"four minutes left." He answered, looking up briefly. 

Running back to the bathroom, I threw on a pair of jeans, a cold shoulder top and zipped up my knee high boots. Walking back into the bedroom. 

I asked "Time?"

"One minute to spare." He answered, getting up from the bed

Doing a little twirl, I laughed. He placed his hand on my hips, pulling my body towards him resulting in a little stumble, before placing a kiss on my lips. 

"Mmmm, is this a new thing?" I questioned, a small smile on my lips

"Mmmm, What you talking about?" He smiles, his eyebrows wiggling slightly, before  pecking my lips and pulling away.

Turning around and grabbing the room key, he spoke, "It's 9:00, we'd best be going." 

Looking at the boy, my eyebrows raised, "What happened to 9:30?" 

"I changed it, we're going for breakfast." He smirked, tucking his hand in my back pocked as we walked out the door. 

Shuffling through my bag, I grabbed my sunglasses and slid them onto my face. 

Meeting the rest of our group in reception, we happily went to the nearest breakfast restaurant, called 'Yo Mama's Pancakes' and happily enjoyed the food before setting off on an amazing day at a potential university for the future.