XVIII - His mother

Walking into school Monday I was greeted with the information that Lois and Damon were fighting, and you want to know why. Because he wanted to meet her mom. After 2 months of dating. And when I told her it was sweet, well..

"Sweet?" She scoffed in disbelief, "After he meets my mother he will know how truly sad my life is. My mother being a lonely wife with a husband in the marines. That is just asking for pity."

"He's not going to give you pity, I'm pretty sure he's in love with you." I answered, before a voice spoke 

"In love with who?"

Looking to my left I saw Xavier, smiling at the obviously over-reacting girl. 

"Damon loves Lois?" 

"Oh" He answered almost disappointed, before saying "Definitely." 

Lois turned to me, trying to change the conversation by asking, "How was work the other night?" 

Giggling, I answered, "I played blind date. The other two on my side was a butch lesbian and a drag king." 

She laughed as I smiled widely at the girl, Xavier interrupted by saying , "See you at lunch?" Giving him a nod he smiled at me. 

His hand lightly graced my arm, and his head leaned forward placing a tender kiss on the side of my head before sparing a silent look at Lois who was smirking at him before he walked away.

Watching his figure disappear down the hall, I turned back to Lois to see her still smirking.

"What?" I questioned the girl

She raised an eyebrow before saying "Did you not see that?" 

Looking at her strangely, she raised her eyebrows mockingly before she stepped forward and kissed my head. 

Stepping back, I spoke "What the hell, Lo?"

She looked at me offended, "So he can kiss you but I can't?!" 

"What? No! Lo..."

"I'm kidding" she smirked, then added "and the kiss is my point"

"And what point it that?" I questioned the girl, a giggle bubbling on my lips as her face tinted a light pink.

"My dear Violet, a man only kissed two people on the head. His mother and the woman he is going to marry" Lois clarified, placing a perfectly manicured hand on her hip 

"Are you saying? That he? No, no. He doesn't." I stuttered, turning from the girl and slipping down the hall, slipping through my peers

"Don't deny it hunny!" Lois called behind me, making people turning in both our directions 

A hand clamped on my shoulder, directing my body into the way the person wanted me to go until we arrived at the girls bathroom.

Hearing the door close behind me, I turned to Lois before saying, "We are just friends"

"Seriously?!" Lois muttered throwing her arms up into the air. 

"Your in love with him." She stated ridiculously, placing her feeble hands on my shoulders. 

My mouth opened and closed, not able to create a sentence to try and defend myself, to try and tell her that I was mistake before, but nothing escaped my pathetic lips.

"Violet and Xavier sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-"

The girl started singing, bouncing slightly and her hands clapping obnoxiously in front of my face.

I covered Lois chanting mouth, but quickly removed it when I felt the wet feeling of her rough tongue dance across my palm.

"Lois!" I scolded before saying, "I don't love him, not anymore." I stated, adding later "I don't think."

Looking away from the girl I played with my hands, remembering the time I realised I had feelings for this boy. This boy who was different than what everybody thought. Than what I thought. He isn't some scary biker wannabe. He's Xavier Stone. My Xavier Stone.

Leaving the girl in a fit of giggles, I slipped out of the room and made my way to class. English to be exact. But was surprised when I found it more than over its capacity. 

"Mr Johns, what's happening?" I questioned he teacher

"Mrs Dudley's water broke this morning. Now our classes are merging. Find a seat." 

After a couple of minutes of people trying to find a seat, I found out that Joey and Xavier was in the new formed class, Sitting beside them on the floor. Turning my body to face Joey, I rested my head against Xavier's leg before turning to Mr Johns. I watched as he tried commanded everyone's attention. Fingers slowly threaded through my hair, my eyes closing involuntary.

"Right, my class has poems to read, Other English class. Be. Silent." Mr Johns yelled before calling people up to read their final poem. 

"Kingston, Violet" The teacher called

Jumping, I looked around the class before pulling my poem from my bag, I abandoned the rest of my things by the boys before looking down with trembling hands. 

Sucking in a deep breath in front of the class I read; 

"His hands clasp mine like a vice 

though no pain surfaces just safety 

a longing to be in his presence 

a longing to hold what is dear 

what was meant to be a simple forget me not

turned into the encore of falling 

the unknown being plunged into darkness

the hope of his net catching me 

the unknown of if his love exists 

or if I'm a feeble child at his feet 

begging for love like a street rat

nothing but his shoes I see as he pass

my past, my future, my present 

he exists 

but for how long 

until I fall and break everything in my body 

my heart included"

Looking up, I took a mock bow before scrambling off back to my seat on the floor, not missing the way that Xavier stares at me. 

Sitting and crossing my legs, I turned my face to him, my eyes connect with his. And the world slows. I feel like I've been staring forever until the shrill of the bell sliced through the silence, breaking our moment. 

A curse escaped Xavier lips as he rushes passed me, not sparing me a glance as he leaves.

I stare at the door and wonder if this is what he's going to be like the rest for the week and during our road trip weekend for colleges. I hope not, because if he does I think I might kill the confusing little shit. 

A ping enters my thought, pulling my phone from my bag, I found a message from Lois, telling me that her and Damon are back on speaking terms. 

Good for them, I guess. 

"Miss Kingston, are you gong to leave my class or continue on sit on the floor?" A voice calls, looking up I find an unamused Mr Johns glaring at me and an empty class. Great.