VI - Play room

For a few minutes, a tense few minutes fell across the group. Even the boys seemed startled by Damons words. 

The silence was pierced with a beautiful giggle from the toddler on my hip. His hands smacked on my sides, trying to get my attention. 

Looking at the boy, I bounced him higher up my hip before whispering, "Hey, Little man."

"What?!" A voice yelled, appalled.

Looking towards the boys, I saw a Joey stalking towards me, but when he got too close the toddler let out a ripped cry. Joey instatly stepped back and the toddler laughed and started playing with my hair again. 

"He doesn't like you!" I voiced laughing, which made the baby laugh more. 

I ran my hand through the toddler hair and ruffled it, as I kept laughing. I kept laughing until I heard sommeone ask Lois what was wrong and her reply was.

"I'm afraid. She isn't fussed on children. Except this one apparently."

Looking towards Lois, I was smiling. More than I've smiled since I was a kid. I watched as she followed the boys, and I followed, with my new friend still on my hip. Plus I learned his name is Callum.

Getting in the basement I was faced with a room with two sets of bunk beds, two large couches and a large Tv in the middle. 

I sat in the middle of one couch, with my legs crossed and Callum sat in the hole my legs created, still playing with my hair. 

Pulling my hair from his grip, he pouted, but I pulled the hair tie from my pony and let my hair fall over both shoulders. 

Not long after, Callum was asleep. His face between my breasts and his tiny hands still clutching strands of my hair. 

Whilst looking at the boy, Joey commented "He looks comfortable" 

Looking at him, he looked suddenly sad. "Call her" I commened, he looked at me "You obviously miss her. Call her." 

He nodded before disapearing upstairs. 

Standing up, I declared that I was going to take the baby upstairs and to bed. Getting to the kitchen, I found the woman sitting with her head in her hands. 

Silently taking a seat in front of her, she jumped before I muttered "Sorry"

"It's okay. I'm just a little tired." She spoke with a weak smile, before adding "Plus I'm Melissa." 

"Nice to meet you." I smiled cheekly, lightly bouncing the still asleep toddler against my chest.

"Do you wanna know whats bazaire." Melissa asked, "That boy doesn't even like his grandparents but a starnger, he falls in love with instantly."

I giggled lightly before answering "Its the hair." 

"No, I think you're wrong." Melissa spoke, gaining my intrest, "All my children have a way of figuring out if someone is good or bad. And you my little spitfire, is good." 

"I highly disagree with that, but I'm gonna watch your kids whilst you go to bed" I offered, standing up and making my way to the tired mother.

She tried to protest, but I pushed her up the stairs and let her find her own way to her room and I placed the baby into his crib.

After a few minutes he continued to sleep, so I made my way to the direction that Melissa walked, saw her in bed. Already sleeping. Walking into the room, I pulled the cover up slightly more before leaving the room, keeping the door open slightly. 

In the living room, I saw a picture. A family of 5, including the baby bump which I assume to be Callum. 

"What are you doing?" A voice called behind me.

"Just finished putting Melissa and Callum to bed." I asnwered, not needing to turn around to figure out who was there.

Looking at the picture more, I noticed the similararities that the boy in the photo had to the very boy who gives me goosebumps everytime he speaks.

"Melissa's your mom." I stated

Turning around I found Xavier, stood leaning against the wall, arms crossed observing me. He didn't speak. Didn't move. Just stood. 

"What Xavier?" I questioned the brooding boy. 

"Don't say that." Was his reply

"Don't say what?" I asked brushing passed him and into the kitchen

"My name. Don't say my name." The boy growl stalking behind me.

Turning to face him, I leant against the sink, before muttering "Xavier." 

And within second the boy was in front of me. His body against my body, his arms caging me between him and the sink. 

And for a few seconds I forgot to breathe. My hands trapped between us, slowly putting my hands on his chest, I tried to push him away, but he didn't budge. I tried again, but his one hand clasped both my hands in one of his. 

He slowly placed both my hands on his chest before putting his arms back beside me. Caging me once again. Hesitantly, I allowed my hands to relax against his chest.

The silence was just that. Silent. Neither of us muttered a word. His body tense and his eyes closed, my body small and my hands rested on his chest, feeling his slow steady thumping of his heart. His arms close to my body, I'm sure he could feel the marathon my heart was completing vibrating through the marble counter top. 

For a blissful couple of minutes, we stood still. Just as I allowed myself to close my eyes a voice exclaimed, "Shit. Sorry!" 

Xavier had disappeared across the room by the time I allowed myself to open my eyes again and their he was. The glaring Xavier. Back to normal he was, before he walked off into the direction of the basement. 

I went to follow when my phone rang. 

"Hello"

"Hiya Hun, sorry for calling I know your with 'friends' but I need you, like right now." 

"I'll be 15." 

"Thanks Hun. See you soon, Drive safe." 

Walking down the stairs to the basement, I found Lois wrapped in Damon's arms. A small smile graced my lips before I reached for my bag. 

"Hey, where you going?" Lois asked

Smiling softly, I answered "Mom needs me at work. Need a ride home or are you fine here?" I asked the girl with a smug smile on my face 

"I'm fine" She pouted

"Okay. And can you wake Melissa up in about two hours, someone." I asked before walking up the basement stairs and out of the house. 

Getting by my car, I leant against the car. Letting out a frustrated sigh before getting into the car, but as I was about to pull away a figure disappeared from the window upstairs.