~4~

The next time I walked out, it was time for dinner, and I saw Billy in the pig pen, trying to feed the hog.

But he just ran from him every time he charged at him then once he was on his feet, threw the bucket at him making me laugh my ass off.

Regardless, I started walking over to help him and I heard Steve and Doc talking.

"He ain't all there is he?", Steve said then spit on the ground.

I laughed again then kept walking until I was beside him.

"Hey", I said softly, and he jumped then I aimed my gun up at him the same time he did and we laughed at each other.

"Jumpy?", I scoffed as I put my gun away.

"Guess so", he shrugged and did the same."Not used to this new place yet."

"Me neither", I sighed and jumped over the side of the pen.

"Be careful...he'll eat you alive", Billy warned.

I laughed and rolled my eyes to myself as I picked up the bucket then dumped in his tray.

He started eating so I patted his back before turning around to Billy with my eyebrows raised.

"Well?", I asked and he rolled his eyes then I laughed as I walked back over to him, "I'm still alive!"

Just then, three knives landed in the post in between us, and I looked up to see that, Chavez I think, headed towards us.

Billy had his gun pointed at him, and we had locked eyes the entire time he ripped them back out then walked away again.

I take it Billy's done what I've done since I got here, which is just keep to yourself and not really socialize.

He left then I sighed and looked down at the ground before jumping and sitting on the fence.

BIlly flinched whenever a rope went around the post next to him and I looked behind me to see that guy Charlie and he laughed at us.

"Hey did you know pigs are as smart as dogs?", he asked and neither one of us answered him."It's true....I knew a fella in El Capitan, taught his pig to bark at strangers."