28

"Jesus Christ", I muttered and shook my head as I threw a blanket in the crate then packed Billy down. I stood then loaded my gun and handed it to him before putting the other in the back of my pants.

"Alex-get Susan outta here", I nodded towards the door and it whipped around a strand of bangs in my face.

Alex and his wife ran for the back door with all her things and i packed Billy down again.

" El, when this is done I want you out of here too", Billy nodded in the crate then crossed his arms over his chest.

I stopped and stared at him in the eye with my foot on the crate as I about closed it.

"No", I leaned over him and shook my head."This is just as much my fight as yo-"

"No!", he yelled back and sat up."I don't want you in here-looks at the odds! It's-"

"What?! Too dangerous?!", I yelled over gunfire.

"YES!", he yelled in my face.

"THE HOUSE. IS ON. FIRE!", Steve walked through the house, talking in syllables with his arms.

I turned away from him then back to Billy. "No", I shook my head."I'm stay whether you like it or not. I've got you this far, and I'm not gunna throw your ass out there with no backup. You act like Kinney ain't down there for my ass too. I'm part of this.

"Izabelle, I-
"I'm not leaving you! I'm not leaving!", I finally said shaking my head.

He gave me an angry, annoyed look, so I gave up and sighed.

I closed the crate pissed off, then took a breath in and began pushing Billy across the floor and out the window.

"STEVE!!", I yelled strained, flinching from the oncoming bullets crashing through windows.

Steve stopped shooting then shoved all his weight into it, almost knocking me down to the floor, and helped me. We made it to the window then shoved it one last time before retreating back, as the window was broken and had no cover to shield us.

My stomach dropped when the crate hit the ground outside in the front yard.

I picked up a dresser then growled to myself as I threw it out the window as well, along with a couple other things so it would'nt seem weird.

After a chair and foot rest, the shots stopped and I stepped forward, in the shadows of the walls, looking down my nose at the crate and them.