24

By nightfall, the whole village was decorated with candles and lanterns while mariachi played and people danced around in the middle. I walked out of the house by the gates with Alma, Luciana and Sonia, Alma's mother.

As we got closer, I could hear the music getting louder and I just wanted to pick up and run to it. Eventually, we got there and I excused myself to go get a drink. Walkin into the little adobe bar on the south side of the village, I grabbed a random mug a man had just set down then sneakily made my way back out, moving aside to let others in.

When I walked out, I took a couple steps then stopped and smiled at Charlie, dancing in the middle by the bonfire with his new wife.

I walked around and watched everything, drinking my beer and looking around for the boys.

I don't really think it matters, but to give you a visual on just how adorable I am ;), yeah right- I wore jeans with my boots, my gun and belt and a loose dark blue shirt covered in dirt.

Just adorable.

I finished my first beer then went back inside to get a couple more. 

After drink 3, I had to carry my own ass out of there and back into the streets.  I swallowed then blinked hard and stood up straight lookin for the boys again. As I walked around, Steve came up, holding 2 more beers and staggered towards me.

"Heeree ya go Ell", he slurred and held it out to me.

"Thanks Steve", I nodded then took a gulp as he took off.

Deciding I could'nt handle another if I tried, I found my way across the crowd to Doc who was siting alone and reading in front of a wall.

"Heya Doc", I said, almost losing my balance as I walked up to him.

"Hey Ella", he replied as he looked back down.

"Here, this is yours", i said as I handed it to him then shook my head as I walked away."Finish it-I can't."

He smiled after me then took a few gulps and went back to his book as I walked away. I smiled to myself as I walked around pointlessly, listening to music and spinning around in my drunkness, watching everything go double vision. When I came back, I looked around again, then saw Chavez across the fire talking to Alma and I smiled.

Luciana came up and tugged on Chavez's shirt then when he looked down , she said something to him, but I could'nt hear over the music. But I saw Chavez's stone heart crack as he cracked a smile and shrugged then picked her up and started dancing with her like the others.