~12~

"Nine men lay dead or at death's doorstep yesterday noon following a gunfight between Lincoln county resident Henry Hill , 45, and what patrons have called, "The kid" ", Doc read aloud.

We were sitting behind the wall of an old building back in town.

"A local miner has identified "the kid" as one Henry McCarthy, also known as William H. Bonney, 19 or 20", he continued.

"How old are you?", I asked up at him.

He stopped looking out for one sec then looked down at me and smirked.

"Guess", he said.

"19", I said and he looked back at me and squinted his eyes from the sun."20?"

"19", he nodded.

"Motherfucker", I laughed.

"What about you?", he asked.

"Guess", I said like a smartass and he nudged me so I laughed."19."

Doc then got distracted and threw it down then took off so I just sighed, went to grab the paper, then sat down and leaned on the wall as I continued reading.

"Bonney is believed to be the captain of a deputized gang", I said.

"Captain?", Richard repeated and I made a "oh shit" face as I looked at the paper.

"That's gotta hurt Dick", I mumbled so only Billy could hear and we both started giggling and snorting to ourselves.

"How come it ain't said...said nothing about the two I closed out?", Steve said all sad.

"We know, it's ok", I smiled and went back to my paper.

Steve and I have been getting along a little better, but I just know hes gunna push it.

I looked back down at the paper then handed it to Billy and crossed my arms.

"The kid is said to have a partner in crime who witnesses at the scene called "the girl" ", he read  and rolled my eyes.

"Wow, how original", I scoffed.

 "who also goes by the name of Izabelle Dixon, 19, wanted in Hildalgo, Luna, Socorro, Sante Fe, and Bernillo county",  he continued, then looked up at me with only his eyes.