~14~

"Advices from Lincoln say the young lad of lightening rapidity, iron nerve and marvelous skill apparently single-handedly took down Morton and Baker of the Murphy-Dolan faction, including a miraculous shot of fifty yards", Doc read off the paper.

It had been a few days since we had a gun down with those guys and we were trying to lay low before going on with our next move.

It was about 4 in the afternoon here, wherever we were in the mountains, and Doc had just gotten back from the nearest town with things we needed.

I threw my knife into the ground one more time before ripping it back out and walking over to hang over his shoulder.

And once I did, I snorted a laugh.

"There's a picture here-says "Billy the Kid", but it ain't Billy", I laughed.

"Lemme see that", Richard said as he walked out and took it.

Nosey.

"Well that's me", he said and I started laughing as he got more and more pissed."That's bullshit-the papers never get anything right."

I continued laughin as he threw it back at Doc then walked off.

Billy, Steve , and Charlie all came up to see and laughed as well.

"Listen to this", Doc tried not to laugh."Advices say the kid is tall, handsome and unequalled in the elements that appear to the holier emotions."

"OOOOOOOOOO", we all chroused and nudged Billy who laughed.

"However Murphy of Lincoln has hired none other than John Kinney and his Dona Ana bunch to help hunt down Billy the kid and the gang", Doc continued and I made a face.

"Oh great-John Kinney", Charlie shook his head.

"Oooo, dealt with him before", I shook my head.

"Well who's Kinney?", Billy asked and I leaned forward.

"He's a ex-soldier who suffered an injury and now he's a bounty hunter", I said and took the paper to look it over.

"Well what does that mean?", Stever asked.

"It means he can whoop some ass", I said.