23

After a long night of walking, riding, gettin little to no sleep, we arrived in Juarez the next day around noon. We trotted through the gates into the old village I knew as a kid, and I was suprised. The people or women outside doing laundry, cooking, everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw Billy. I smiled over at him as everyone cheered and formed a crowd around us. 

We stopped in front of a bar and all got off, tying our horse off. As I got down , a small burnt orange clay house just by the gates in the corner caught my attention and I froze. I finally put my other foot down on the ground , then threw my reins around my horn and whistled.

My horse followed Chavez's and he tied him off for me.

I did'nt know what to do, but I kept walking to the door. Once I stopped, i stared ahead of me and pulled down my bandana, taking my hat off and wiping my face as the wind blew strands in front of me. After a few seconds, I grew some, put my hand to the door and knocked.

The door opened and a old woman stared up at me like I hoped.

After she stared at me for a minute, her hands raised to her mouth like she was gunna cry.

"Oh mi carinos!! Gracias Dias mi bebe", she bawled as I pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her.(Oh my god, sweetheart! Thank you God, my baby!)

"Ha sida demasiado largo, lo siento mucho", I whispered back and smiled.(It's been so long, I'm so sorry.)

This woman, took care of me from the time I was 5, till I was 13, when I left here. My last home before I was running around constantly.

I opened my eyes and my heart nearly stopped. She stepped aside and standing behind her was Alma, her had been my best friend since I was 5 and she was 3.

She stared at me, then we both burst into tears and ran at each other. Then a minute later, we stepped back and I wiped my face.

"Ella, I have many great things to tell you-", she nodded then turned over her shoulder."Luciana, ven naca! Come here!"

Pretty soon, an adorable little girl with big brown eyes and curly hair pulled back the curtain to a room and smiled at us then ran to Alma.

"Meet your niece, Luciana", she smiled.

"Hey", she barely whispered up at me while waving.

"Hi", I smiled back back as I knelt down to her."Luciana, that's beautiful! You can call me Ella if you want."

"Ok", she giggled then reached forward and threw her arms around me.