5

Zenia's POV

Monday came with an excruciating headache and a terrible hangover. I managed to pull myself up from the bed and crawl into the shower. I turned the water temperature all the way up, and I took a hot bath from my Brazilian waves to my toes.

I blow-dried my hair -- I paid for it so that makes it mine -- then applied lotion to my chocolate skin. I slipped into a mini dress, which was tight at the top and showed a teasing bit of cleavage. I had no one to impress today, but I didn't want to look as terrible as the way I was feeling.

Too much wine.

After completing a light makeup application and placing my digital notepad into my backpack, I headed to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ma." I greeted my mother when I saw her at the stove.

"Hey, sweetie. How are you?"

"I feel terrible."

"That's because you had too much to drink. Here." She handed me a bottle of water and another drink in a tiny glass.

"What's this?" I asked as I studied the drink. It looked like it had grass in it. I was not about to even bring that close to my lips.

"It's a hangover remedy. Drink it!" she commanded.

I brought the small glass up to my nose. "Mom, this smells like shit!" I almost vomited.

"It will help you feel better, and watch your mouth, Zenia!"

I mentally rolled my eyes and held my breath as I gulp the precious hangover remedy down my throat.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Here's your breakfast." She handed me a covered container stocked with fried chicken nuggets and chips.

"Thanks, Ma! Bye, Ma!"

I ran for the door. It was Monday and I had to get to my boutique and fashion station as soon as possible. I had two very, highly important clients / costumers coming in today for a design I wanted to have publish in their magazines. 

I took a cab downtown. I was saving for my own car-- that would be more convenient.

I unlocked the security gate then the doors to my boutique. It wasn't a store, it was a boutique. Don't you dare call it a store.

I strolled in and turned on the lights and the central air units. I couldn't believe it the day Evan picked me up and brought me here.

It was last December. Mom and I had just returned from visiting Jasmine and Jevan in L.A. when I got a phone call from Evan.

"Hey Evs."

"Merry Christmas."

"Same to you. What's up?"

"Are you home?"

"Yeah, I am."

"I'll be over in twenty."

He hung up and my thoughts started playing games with me. 

He's your sister's ex. What could he want? He got the big sister, is he after the younger one now? Oh, hell no! He would never. I would never.

He showed up in half an hour and I met him outside.

"Get in." 

I looked at his car as if I was worthy of even getting into it. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

Okay, so my sister's ex-boyfriend is giving me a surprise. Completely normal.