3

Zenia's POV

"Shhh. She'll go away," he whispered in my ear and pulled me against his steel chest again.

"Stop it, EJ!" I said in a loud whisper, pulling away from him before rushing my palms up and down my dress, adjusting and smoothing it.

"Hello?" Mrs. Hollen said again, and another knock followed outside the door.

"I'M IN HERE!" I yelled.

"Zenia, is that you?"

"Yes, Mrs. Hollen, and I'll be in here for a while." My face flushed with embarrassment, but I would have literally said anything to prevent her from waiting outside that door.

"Okay, sweetie. I'll just use another one."

I heard the sound of her heels clicking on the polished marble as she walked away. I heaved a long sigh and slide down against the bathroom door as EJ lightly chuckled, as if the situation had been an amusement show to him.

"It's not funny, EJ. What if you hadn't locked the door and she had walked in on us?"

"Well, she would've seen her son being a man."

I narrowed my eyes at him dangerously and stood up. I unlocked the bathroom door and peered out, making certain the coast was cleared before stepping out.

I walked out of the bathroom and directly into my sister.

"I've been looking all over for you. Where have you been?"

"Umm... bathroom," I stuttered.

Her eyes trailed above my head and stopped at a figure behind me. Her eyebrows raised with a questioning look on her face.

I turned and forced a smile at EJ.

"Hi EJ," Jasmine said, waving at him.

"Hi Jasmine."

He walked closer to me with a smirk on his lips. "I'll see you outside," he said softly in my ear. His manly scent taunting me as he moved away.

"Are you and EJ involved?" Jasmine shook me from my trance.

"What? No, we're just friends."

We were only friends, but EJ wanted more. I just couldn't bring myself to fall for him without settling my twisted past.

"Zenia, please don't be a fool. By the look in that boy eyes, I can tell he really likes you."

"I know that Jasmine, but EJ knows where the line is drawn between him and I. We're friends."

I moved passed her but her arm quickly brought me right back to where I was standing in front of her.

"I'm not done with you yet."

I mentally rolled my eyes. Sometimes, the bigger sibling could be such a pain in the ass.

"What is it now?"

"My son used some very colorful words over dinner yesterday, and I was wondering where on earth he could of heard such obscenities."

Oh fuck!

"Oh really? What happened?" I asked innocently, fidgeting with the details on my dress.

"We were having dinner, and Jevan accidentally knocked over his food container. He stared down at it before saying, 'Oh Fuck. Kill me.' Have you been cursing around my child, Zenia?"

I couldn't contain the laughter. I laughed until tears slipped out of my eyes.

After I finally managed to composed myself, and got my breath back, I told her why he repeated those words.