12

Zenia's POV

I felt better. I confessed and I immediately felt better. The truth had been buried inside of me and had been eating at me like a cancer for far too long.

I got dressed. I went to the do the thing I loved doing the very most-- work at my boutique. I got started on my sister's wedding dress designs as I hummed along to Rihanna's "Russian Roulette".

Ashley came busting through the doors in tears and looking a wreck.

I leaped at the sight of her. I had never seen her in such a nasty condition before. I went over to my best friend immediately.

"Sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked in deep concern, pulling her into my arms for a comforting hug.

"It's... It's... Alex!" she sobbed.

"What did Alex do?" I feared her response. If Alex had broken Ashley's heart so quickly, there would be a very serious problem.

"He....he..... he said he doesn't believe in long terms relationship. He... doesn't want to be serious with me!"

I felt her pain. My heart ached as she said those words.

Ashley and Alex mounted very quickly, and they were already sleeping together. But I knew she cared deeply about him. The girl was basically going nuts just to have his attention. Now, she had finally gotten what she hoped for; I knew she wouldn't do anything silly to jeopardize her bond with him.

So it had to be Alex. That coward.

"Sit," I instructed. I handed her a box of tissues and rubbed her back gently. "Ash, it's going to be okay."

"No, it's not going to be okay. I love him, but he doesn't love me back."

"Alex must be just scared of commitment. We're all still young and want to live our lives and experience different things."

"You mean different people. Is there another girl in the picture? I swear, I could kill a bitch!"

"Ash, calm down. That's not what I'm saying. I think you gave yourself too soon to that guy, and, maybe, that's why he's having second thoughts."

"But I loved him since--"

"I know that sweetie. But he's a guy, and he's just thinking like one."

Sometimes, I should listen to my own damn advice. Maybe if I had, I wouldn't have had a broken heart, and a child who never got to see the light of day.

Sigh.

That poor baby.

After Ashley had calmed down and stopped crying, she began working like nothing had happened. She picked herself back up like a boss, but I knew on the inside she was heartbroken.

Just wait until I set my eyes on Alex.

Why stomp on someone whose only intentions are loving you?

He was a coward! A pathetic piece of sh--!

The morning went by as normal. I resumed the wedding dress designs I thought my sister would absolutely love and have a hard time deciding on which one to actually make. I could just picture her craziness.

"Wait Zenia, I love this one more."

"Omg, this other one is perfect."

"No, no, no, let's go with the second one."

"What do you think about the third one?"

"Which one do you love the most?"

Jasmine could never make a fashion decision without my approval.