14

Ethan Junior's POV

"Mr. Alexander, we'd be more than thrilled to have you as an investor at HT," I said as I shook hands firmly with Mr. Alexander, Vice President of Global and Base Technology.

"Thank you," he said back kindly.

I wasn't afraid of showing my father and my big brother that I was very much capable of getting investors, sealing deals and handling proposals. As a Hollen, it's requirement to be brave, strong-headed and focused.

As the party slowly whined down, I went to get myself a glass a water. I bumped into Madison.

"Hey EJ," she began.

I glared at her, remembering that little stunt she pulled this morning with Zenia.

"Hey Mads," I answered dryly. I tried searching the crowd for Zenia.

"I have something I need to tell you. It's about Zenia."

My blood instantly came to a boil. Madison was my childhood, and she had been my friend all my life, but I was not about to let her drive a wedge between Zenia and me. I was strongly developing feelings for Zenia, and we were taking it one step at a time, getting to know each other better.

"Listen, Madison, I really don't care what you have to say. What you did today was just wrong and so unlike you. I know you have feelings for me, but I don't have any for you. You're my friend. We grew up like brother and sister. I want you to respect my bond with Zenia and stop trying to get between us."

I knew my words were a bit harsh. She lowered her head and although it was dark out, I saw the tears running down her cheeks.

Great! You made her cry! Mom wouldn't be happy if she saw her crying at my celebration.

"Mads, I'm sorry," I quickly apologized. I didn't like seeing women cry, and I felt terrible that I caused those tears.

"It's fine," she said softly, wiping away her tears. "I just wanted to tell you about something I heard Zenia and her friend talking about a while ago."

Zenia and Ashley must have said something to offend her again. I don't like getting caught in the middle of drama with males, much less females.

"Just don't worry about it." I moved passed her and went to get myself a bottled water from the large cooler.

"EJ, it wasn't about me, it's about you," she said from behind me.

I knew she wouldn't let this go until I turn a listening ear to her.

"What is it Madison? What did you hear?"

"Were you aware you got Zenia pregnant?"

I almost choked on the water. I began laughing while drying around my mouth with the back of my hand. "Very funny. We've never had sex before, so how's that even possible?"

"Does the name 'Zee' ring any bells?"

I had a flashback instantly to Blue's Halloween party last November and a girl dancing on the pole in a Red Riding Hood costume. She'd almost fallen but I caught her just in time. We talked for a bit, then went upstairs when she fell over again.

I was drunk. I'll never forget when I wrecked my car that same night and Mom and Dad were so pissed off at me.

The girl's name was Zee. We had sex. I remembered I had entered her. I took the condom from my pocket and placed it on, but maybe I didn't do it correctly because I had never had sex before.