27

Ethan Junior's POV

I sat still in the chair as my mom and dad sat down on either side of me. I was deep in thought with memories of Zenia.

She was really an incredible young lady with the personality of no other. Her smile was what I lived for, and everything about her I needed. I was so foolish, always throwing the damn blame at her when I really was to be blamed for every bad thing that ever happened since our encounter.

I loved her. I never said it to her, but now that I was on the verge of losing her and never seeing her again, I knew my feelings was true.

Tapping my feet impatiently on the tiled floor, a doctor walked up to us, the same doctor who had been talking with Miss Blackman before rushing away.

"Hi, you're here regarding Zenia Blackman, right?" he asked.

"Yes," Mom answered; Miss Blackman was still recovering from her faint.

"We've settle her heart rate. We didn't lose her, but we came very close. She needs the blood transfusion. Where is her sister?"

"She should be here very soon," Dad answered before retrieving his phone to call Evan.

After three hours, Evan and Jasmine came running down the hall towards us.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't get here sooner," Jasmine began. "Where's Zenia? How is she? Where's my mother?"

"Zenia is alive. However, she needs a blood transfusion, and we're all hoping you could give her some. Your mom fainted," Mom answered.

Jasmine began crying, and Evan pulled her into his arms and comforted her.

"You need to be strong now, Jasmine," I said. "Your sister really needs you."

She nodded her head and Dad went to find the medical doctor. Jasmine was ushered into the room with Zenia to conduct the immediate blood transfusion. Jasmine was the only person who could save her, but she wasn't allowed to give the entire amount of blood required for Zenia.

Zenia's body would really have to pull through and produce the other pint and a half to better her health.

After another long hour, Jasmine arrived back at our sides. Evan wrapped his arms around her.

"Are you okay, baby?" I heard him ask her.

"Yeah. I'm really glad I could do this for her, but I'm so worried."

"It's okay. The doctor said it was safe, so you don't need to worry about it too much. Lets just try to think positive now, sweetie."

Something was weird between Jasmine and Evan. I knew he was protective of her and their son, but there was a telling about him.

I narrowed my eyes at them. "Is there something wrong Jasmine?" I asked with concern.

"No. Nothing at all. Why?" she answered.

"Oh, I don't know. It's just that you guys are acting weird."

Mom and Dad studied them too.

"Actually, we were waiting for better circumstances, but since EJ is so curious, Jasmine is pregnant."

Mom and Dad beamed and so did I. In the midst of everything, there was still some good news.

"Excuse me everyone, Zenia is awake," the doctor interrupted as we were deep into talking about the new baby.

"Oh thank God!" Jasmine exclaimed as she stood up. "Can I see her?"

"Yes, but only for five minutes. Her body is still recovering and she needs to rest."