8

NB: You'll be hearing from Jasmine in this chapter

Zenia's POV

The following morning, as I was about to leave for the boutique, I spotted my mother in the doorway talking with a guy.

Must be someone else in the building, I assumed.

I walked up to them.

"Morning, Ma." She turned to me and gave me a sad look. "What's wrong?"

"Good morning, Zenia," her melancholy voice spoke.

"What's wrong?" I asked, studying the man's face.

"Zenia, this is your father."

My brain did a 360-degree turn in my head and my blood came to a boil very quickly.

"My what?" I asked, still struck at what she just said to me.

It can't be.

"Hello, Zenia," he finally spoke up.

"Dude, don't you dare open your mouth and mention my fucking name again! Why are you even here?" I was not about to control my anger.

"Zenia," my mom had a pleading voice and look on her face.

"Mom! Why is he here?"

"He came to make up for lost times, Zenia. He's still your father."

"My father? I wish I had one! This deadbeat fool isn't my father! And I can't understand why he's here! He's dead to us!"

"Zenia, I'm so sorry for what I've done in the past. And, you're right. I am a fool. I'm a fool for leaving my family and not coming back. Please, I'm here to make it right now," he said and opened his arms for a hug.

Right. Like I was about to go into his arms and say, 'Welcome back Daddy. I'm so happy you're back. Lets go get some ice cream and you can buy me a toy.'

"You can't make up for lost times! If you hadn't realized, I'm grown, and so is Jasmine. We don't need you, so you can go back to the pit you crawled out from!"

"Zenia!" Mom scolded, but I wouldn't calm down and listen.

"Where were you when I made my first steps? Where were you when Mom had her hands filled with Jasmine and I? Where were you when Mom had sleepless nights, worrying how she was going to put food on the table the next day? Where were you when she needed lung transplants and we couldn't afford the money? 

"Huh? Where the hell where you through all of that? Now you're back because you must've found out that Jasmine is getting married to a billionaire and I'm doing great as well! You think you could just wobble back and make up for lost times?! Dude, fuck you!"

I pushed him out of my way, tightened my backpack, and went to the elevator.

I took a cab to my boutique and texted Jasmine on the way there.

Me: Good morn, you'll never guess who showed up at the PH.

Big Sis: Donald Trump?

Me: Close. Our sperm donor

Big Sis: Yeah right....

Me: I'm dead serious. Mom said he was dad and he did look Mexican.

Big Sis: He's still there?

Me: I guess. I cursed him out and I left. Omw to my boutique now.

Big Sis: I'm about to head over there. He has to get a piece of my mind as well.

Me: I think he heard you're getting married.