33

Ethan Junior's POV

I got to work extra early. Yesterday I was not able to look over the proposal for a chain of restaurants in the south due to a long business meeting with my brother. As I walked out the elevator, I adjusted my Gucci suit and strolled to my office. I opened my cabinets, took out the proposal and began reading through it.

After an hour, a knock came on my door. I assumed it was my brother at first, judging by the early time, but, usually, Evan didn't knock. He always burst into my office because he was in charge of the entire building.

"Come," I ordered and the door opened slowly, and in stepped Maria Kastle.

Maria Kastle and I went to the same high school and she was the captain of the cheerleading squad, which automatically made her the most popular girl at school. I was the most popular guy, quarterback star of the football team, and my surname reigned, giving me my popularity and power.

Everyone thought that we were a thing because, at my high school, it was only wise for the popular guys to date the popular girls.

"EJ! It's been too long," she said and took big steps to my desk.

"Maria?" I still couldn't believe it was her. "What are you doing here?"

"I work here, silly. I'm on the fourteenth level. Right underneath you."

The way her words rolled off her tongue made me somewhat uncomfortable.

"I wasn't aware of that," I said and started my computer.

"I suspected. But I was on a medical leave for a month and I just got back; and I heard that you're the new COO so I wanted to say hi. So... Hi!"

She was cheerful, as usual. You could take the girl out the cheerleading but you can't take the cheerleading out of the girl.

"Hi Maria, I must admit that it's nice to see you again."

"It's nice to be seen EJ." She did a weird thing with her tongue, which made her looked like a lizard.

"Well, as you can see, I'm very busy. I've got a lot to do," I tried to dismiss her.

"EJ, I want to start something with you. Back at high school, everyone thought we were a couple, so I think we should make it official now. We're grown and got things figured out."

"Maria, I'm going to have to stop you right there. I'm already in a relationship."

"Is she making you happy?"

"Of course she's making me happy."

"Really? I bet I can make you happier." With another flick of her tongue she started unbuttoning her blouse.

"Hey! What are you doing? Maria, don't you dare take off your clothes in front of me. Are you crazy?"

"Yes, I'm crazy for you EJ."

"Get. Out. Of. My. Office!"

"Not until you tell me how much you've always wanted me." She threw her blouse at me and leaned over my desk to show her cleavage.

Nothing about her was attractive. I had eyes for one girl and one girl only.

"I swear, if you don't get out of my office, I'll report this behavior to my brother, and you know the very low tolerance he has."

Before she could draw herself off the desk, the door opened.

"Zenia!" I almost jumped out of my skin when my eyes landed on my girlfriend, now present in the room.