32

Dedicated to NCT_TEN13

Ethan Junior's POV

I pulled my car into the garage, exited and took my briefcase out before heading indoors. Once inside, my feet carried me to the living room where I saw Zenia and Ashley sitting, their eyes traveled to me with a blank expression on their faces.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked. I smelled trouble.

Zenia pointed at the far corner of the room.

"Hi EJ," Madison greeted.

I was startled. "Madison, what are you doing here?"

Shouldn't she be back in Maine for the burial of her mother?

"EJ, I'm having a really rough time adjusting to everything back home. It's not the same without Mommy," she cried as she walked towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

My eyes went to Zenia immediately and she seemed bothered by Madison's presence, and at her touching me.

"I know it's hard on you, but shouldn't you be back home?" I removed her hands from my neck.

"That's not my home anymore. EJ, can I please stay with you for a bit, until I've accepted the fact that my mom is actually gone?"

Her eyes were filled with tears; she looked like a trampled doll, and she was shaking with burden.

"I can't make that decision by myself. This is Zenia's house too."

Madison turned in Zenia's direction. "Zenia, I know I've been a constant pain in the ass but I'm a changed woman now. Will you please accept me?"

"Where's your aunt?" Zenia asked rudely.

"My aunt isn't around anymore."

I excused myself and took Zenia upstairs with me.

"No, EJ. NO!  If that girl moves in here then I'm moving out. I don't buy that crap that she's a changed woman. From day one, she was out to get me, and now you're considering moving her in here with us? Boy, you must be tripping."

"Zen baby, I know that you and Madison are bitter with each other, but she's my best friend and her mom just passed away. Please baby, she'll only be here for a week. Tops. And then, after that, she can move on without anymore grieves. What would my parents think if they heard I turned her away at a time she desperately needed a friend?" 

"Well why can't she move in with your parents? They have enough rooms in that mansion of theirs."

"Madison wants to be around people her own age. Mom and Dad are in their fifties."

Zenia scoffed loudly and I pulled her into my arms and placed my lips onto hers.

"Just do this tiny favor for me and, I swear, if she causes any trouble, I'll tell her to leave," I pleaded again.

"Okay fine. One week with Madison won't kill me," she muttered.

_________________________

Zenia's POV

"Madison! You were supposed to wash that dirty plate last night. I don't leave the kitchen dirty and go to bed ,and you're not going to do that while you're staying here."

"I'm sorry Zenia, I forgot."

I felt like I was dealing with a child whose brain hadn't been attached correctly.

Last night, we had ice cream cake for dessert. EJ and I cleaned the kitchen, but Madison's greedy ass had another slice of cake and left the plate in the sink while we were already in bed.