43

Zenia's POV

My body ached. My hands were bound. I was certain that the rope had caused bruises on the skin because it hurt there too. My eyes strained in the darkness, trying to look at the blood that was soaking through my pants from the bullet wound.

Why me? Why would he do this to me?

I looked around. Pitch black darkness surrounded me and I felt like I was slipping away into it. I needed to get out of here, but I had no idea where I was.

I was in a room. Tied up to a chair. Beaten. And had a hole in my leg.

The lights suddenly turned on, blinding me for a moment, and two figures made their way towards me.

"Aww, is the little ZenZen giving up on life already?" one asked with a disguised voice and a Vendetta mask concealing their face. 

But, by the body structures, butt and breasts, I knew they were women. A man wouldn't possess such a things unless he was fully batting for the other team.

"Who are you, and why are you doing this to me? Please, let me go, I want to go home!" I cried.

"You are home! You're now in hell!"

I cried even more.

The two females went over to a corner and began going through a computer while speaking between themselves.

"Why hasn't it been done yet?!" the other yelled and shut the computer. She marched over to me and grabbed me by the back of my neck. "Listen up! Your sister's husband was supposed to wire us some money, and that hasn't been done yet! Are you ready for another bullet in your other leg?" She pulled out a gun.

"Noooo! Please don't do this!" I couldn't take another bullet.

"Get Jasmine on the phone now!" the other one yelled.

The one holding the gun retrieved a cellphone from her pocket and dialed a number. She pressed the loudspeaker icon to let me and the other one listen in.

Jasmine answered after the first ring.

"Jasmine! Congratulations, you've just cost your sister her life!"

"What? How is that possible? I did what you asked for. Three billion dollars has been wired to the account."

"We haven't received any payment!"

"Well, there must be some kind of mistake. Someone must have wired it into another account without you knowing about it. I've got the proof. I'm sending a picture."

Jasmine hung up and the phone chimed shortly after. The two looked at each other with disbelief and left the room. 

After an hour of being cold and alone and in pain, someone began undoing the ropes at the back of my hands.

"What? What are you doing? Who are you?" I asked.

"Shhh. They'll hear you," she whispered back and tugged at the ropes again with great intent of freeing me.

Finally, the ropes dropped to the floor and she ran for the door, locked it from the inside, held onto me and help me to my feet.

"I know you've been shot, but I need you to bypass that pain and focus on your life and the baby's life. Now, are you ready to run?"

I nodded my head yes. I had no idea how much my body could stand, but I was definitely willing to find out instead of waiting around for my death.

"Okay. Here we go." She turned the lights off and we hobbled towards a back exit that led down into a basement and out into a place that was laced with many trees.