17

Dedicated to seeshasadhana

Zenia's POV

His words stung. They stung like a swarm of bees attacking with their stingers because you've destroyed their beehive. 

I silently cried as I got into a cab and took out my phone to message my sister through my pouring tears and tormenting chest pain.

Me: Can you plz come over. I need u.

Big Sister: Where r u now?

Me: Cab. Omw home.

Big Sister: OK. I'll see u soon.

I placed my palm on the security scanner before walking in the door. I flopped down on the chair, wiping away the tears that kept on coming. My chest ached as if a ton of weight was pressing against it. My breath shortened, and I thought I was in a horror movie being suffocated by the killer with a pillow over my face.

My lips quivered and I anxiously stared at the door, waiting for it to burst open and reveal my sister. She was the only person who actually knew how to comfort me.

Jasmine arrived ten minutes later. She rushed straight for me and pulled me up into her arms for a bear hug.

"Baby, are you okay?"

I shook my head from side to side. The words were caught in my throat, and I found it rather difficult to speak at the moment.

Jasmine allowed me to sit and she sat beside me, blowing out and exasperated sigh as she stared at me. Another wreck.

"I'm not even going to ask what he said because, judging by your tears, I can already tell he was mean to you."

I nodded my head, words not surfacing yet.

She blew out another breath and pulled me against her chest, her full pair of breasts acting as a pillow for my crying face.

"It's okay Zen, and it's okay to cry. Let it all out baby. Let it out and let it go." She petted my hair before rubbing my back gently.

I was relieved that I could always count on her to comfort me in my time of weakness and need.

After an hour, we were laughing at the animated movie Finding Nemo and greedily stuffing our faces with popcorn and sodas. Just like we used to do back at the apartment, before she got into a relationship with a billionaire.

Then it crossed my mind, suddenly. I quickly shot up and ran into my bedroom and retrieved my digital notepad from underneath my pillow.

"Look at these," I said as I sat beside her again in the living room.

She took the notepad and stared at the first wedding dress design. "OMG!" she squealed. "This one is beautiful." She scrolled over to the next. "THIS IS THE ONE!" She scrolled over the final design. "No, no, no. I love this one more. No, wait a moment, let me decide."

Marlin, the clown fish, had already found his lost son and the movie had ended, but Jasmine was yet to make a final choice on her wedding dress.

"Help me decide on one, Zenia," she begged for the umpteenth time, but whenever I selected one, she differed.

"Just pick one, Jasmine."

"I want them all."

"Well let's hope you don't get married three times."

"I don't know which one to choose. Why do you have to make such beautiful dresses?"

"That's what I do: create beautiful things for beautiful people."