Epilogue

Four Years Later

Zenia's POV

"Zenobia, please slow down baby," I called after my daughter as she playfully raced through the open park with her cousins Jevan, Jase and Jada.

Zenobia was an energetic little thing, a tomboy at best, and although she arrived three weeks earlier than expected, she was a healthy bouncing baby girl who was full of life. She brought delight everywhere she went and, everyday, she made it a new learning experience for me.

She loved her three adorable cousins and, at times, I had to take her over to their house so she could have sleepovers and extra fun with them.

Ashley, Alex and Madison were her godparents, and they loved her dearly.

Believe it or not, Madison started dating Jack. They'd been going out for over two years and she was in love with him. Rumor had it that Jack was about to pop the question very soon.

Ashley and Alex, well, they were Ashley and Alex but with a little bun in the oven. They were engaged to be married after the arrival of their baby.

My mom and my father rekindled their relationship and he moved into the penthouse with her. There was still no answers as to what Mom did with all the money my father sent her, but I really didn't care about that anymore.

Jasmine and Evan had been fighting lately, mainly Jasmine. And why, you might ask? Because my sister was delusional.

"He said that he wants me to a stay-at home-mom because he doesn't trust anyone with the kids. I shouldn't be a stay-at-home-mom because of his trust issues with people! That's so unfair!" she rants as we walked over to a park bench.

"Jasmine, if you're his assistant, he'll have to pay you, right? That's so silly. You could be blocking someone who really needs that job to support their family. You don't need a job, you already have one. Being a mom is a job, and it's the best job ever. Can you imagine how torn the kids would be when they wake up and you're not at home? They're already so attach to you, and I think that's what Evan is trying to say to you."

She sighed softly. "You're so right. I need to apologize to my husband for being so stubborn."

"I'm sure he doesn't mind that. He loves you."

The children then ran up to us.

"Mommy, can I have an ice cream?" Zenobia asked.

"Mommy, can we have one too?" The three J's asked Jasmine. 

I call them the three Js: Jevan Jase and Jada.

We walked over to the ice cream stand and bought the children their choice of ice cream.

Zenobia had cookies and cream, Jevan had chocolate and the twins had chocolate mint.

__________________

Three months later

"Zen, no sweetie, don't climb that high. Zen, get down. Let Daddy help you down." I heard EJ's voice coming from downstairs and the cheerful squealing from our daughter.

"Daddy, I can get down by myself," she protested.

EJ had a playroom installed just for her, but instead of playing with dolls and riding her tricycle, Zenobia would rather climb the tables and chairs.

I got out of bed, took a shower, got dressed and went to join them in the playroom.

After a few hours, the house became extra noisy

After a few hours, the house became extra noisy. My nephews and my niece came over and took over the playroom. I looked on and smiled. Never had I thought that I would become a mother, and the wife of a man who held the whole package, from looks to personality and everything else.

Zenobia completed us.

Zenobia Miracle Hollen.

There were lots of unforgettable memories, and lots of bad flashbacks. The decisions and encounters in the past still lay beneath my feet, but I much preferred to have the past underneath me than above me.

I gave up on life once upon a time, but life wasn't ready to give up on me because it had so much in store, and so much I still needed to experience.

I smiled again as I watched my daughter climb Jase's back when they were all in a dog pile.

EJ spanked my butt and shook me from my thoughts.

"Hey Mommy," he teased in my ear.

"Hey Daddy," I teased back.

"Don't say that. I don't want to give the children a show."

"Boy, you need to stop." I laughed loudly. EJ was such a walking temptation.

We left the children in the care of one of our housemaids. We found Evan and Jasmine outdoor by the pool.

"Moving out to L.A. was the best decision yet," Evan said.

"Best, but not easy. Turns out that it's not so easy to restart a Tower," EJ stated with a chuckle.

We sat down together and took in the new environment.

_____________________

Six Years Later

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called back.

My daughter appeared with a bright smile on her face.

"Why are you so jolly today? Was school that wonderful?"

"No and yes. I have something."

"What do you have?" I assumed it was a postcard for Valentine's Day since it was tomorrow.

"Close your eyes Mommy," she said, and I did. "Okay. Open them!" she said after ten seconds.

I opened my eyes and saw a little boy, around Zenobia's age, standing next to her.

"Who's he?" I asked.

"I made a boyfriend, Mommy."

_______

😂😂

'I made a boyfriend, Mommy.'

I love you Zenobia.

A/N

I'm thinking of continuing this story but it would be Zenobia's book. She's a crazy little character with a unique personality like her father's. 

In the near future, I just might write it.

Hope you enjoyed Cookies and Cream and thank you for reading this novel. 👏👏😙😙❤