37

Ethan Junior's POV

"You want to talk about it man? You've been looking slumped for the entire morning," my brother offered as I walked into his office to hand in a document.

I threw myself onto his couch, feeling defeated and lost.

"Is this about Zenia leaving?" he asked.

I nodded my head yes.

"You're missing her, aren't you?"

I nodded my head yes again.

"Tell me, exactly, how can you break up with her when your heart still wants her? Is your ego that big?"

I eyed him. "I don't know. She hurt me as well and she wanted to play the victim role. Nah, I don't think so."

"Did she apologize?"

"Of course she apologized, Evan."

"See, that's the problem right there with you younger generation. It's like the word 'sorry' doesn't mean anything or that it doesn't exist in your vocabulary. She apologized! You should have been the bigger man and accepted her apology and worked things out with her.  She's a human being and, on top of that, she's a woman. She'll make mistakes and harsh judgement, but it's your job to assure her that you're willing to fight for her no matter what.

"You gave up too easily, and that's why you lost her. Now she's in England with some other guy by her side."

"Evan, what should I do? Should I go to England for her?"

"Don't you dare. Just leave her alone EJ. If it's meant to be then she'll come back like how her sister came back to me. Give it some time."

"Well, what if she doesn't come back?"

"Then move on with your life. And what's that rumor going around about you and Madison? Is that true?"

"Not really."

He narrowed his eyes and glared at me.

"I'm telling you the truth. She's my friend and that's it. That only hit the media because after my breakup with Zenia, Madison and I went to the movies and there was a group of paparazzi."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because Mom insisted. I told her about the breakup, and then Madison lost her mom, so she insisted that we should go to the movies and try to have some fun."

"Nothing happened?"

"Nothing happened!" I semi-shouted.

"Okay. I believe you."

_________________

Zenia's POV

"Wow, your father's place is amazing," I complimented when Anton decided to give me a grand tour of his father's mansion the next morning.

"I'm glad you like it. How was breakfast?"

"It was amazing too. Everything about this place is amazing."

"Not as amazing as you," Anton said softly. We rounded a corner and he pushed me gently up against a wall. "You're so beautiful. I'm so happy that you're here," he whispered in my ear. He tilted my head upwards so that I was looking into his oceanic pair of eyes; his mouth slowly came towards me.

"No, Anton," I said and gently pushed him away.

"Oh, too soon?"

"Yeah."

"Right, I'm so sorry. I'm such an idiot."

"No, you're not. It's just that I'm still processing, and I don't want to lead you on to something I may not be able to give back. Do you understand?"