Two.

Dave's POV

"Yooo. Wus good?", I greeted Chris with my New York accent.

"Chillin man. How you?", He said after we dapped each other up, taking a seat in front of the mixing board. "What we working on?"

"Shit, just working on some stuff for this mixtape."

"Mixtape? Didn't you just drop something? And they say I drop too many songs," we shared a laugh as I switch to another song.

"Hey, my baby gotta eat. Speaking of babies when we gone get Royalty and Kairi together?"

"Maaaaan that's some trouble right there. Do you know how much shit they gone get into?" He said as I scratched my goatee and we both laughed.

"Yeah, but the next time I bring Kairi out here we gotta set up a time for them to play."

"Most definitely. Just let me know."

"Alright, back to the music. I need you to listen to a couple of tracks."

~~~~~~~~~

I stayed at the studio for an hour or two after, chopping it up with CB. I made my way to my LA home. When I stepped inside I didn't hear too much going on, which means Kairi somewhere plottin.

As I made my way through the house and made my way to the liv-

"DaDa!" Kairi screamed as she charged towards me.

"Hey little butt. Give DaDa kiss."

She gave me that contagious smile and gave me a wet one.

"What you been doing while I was gone," I asked as I picked her up and made my way to the kitchen.

She paused for a minute, scrunched up her face, and began to rant about what all she got into.

"Word? They trippin on you like that?" I continued to go along with her

"Hey mama." I kissed my mom on the cheek seeing her in the kitchen making dinner.

"Hey baby. What you over there talking about Kairi? You telling your daddy how you got upset with me because I wouldn't let you get in the pool?"

Kairi gave my mom her mean mug and wiggles out of my arms, running out of the kitchen to go somewhere else in the house.

"That girl is something else, I'll tell you." She said while laughing.

"Tell me about it," I laughed. I watched as my mom moved around in the kitchen, whippin it up. "Whatchu in here cooking, good looking?"

"You are so silly. You definitely get your corniness from your dad." She laughed as she stirred a pot. "I'm making baked chicken and mashed potatoes. Something quick and easy."

"I'm not corny. I'm the smoothest nig-"

"Boy. Don't make me beat your behind. You and your father have the dirtiest mouths." She said, shaking her head.

"And you love it. Don't make me remind you how I get down," my pops said, coming into the kitchen with Kairi towing behind.

"Ard now. That's enough. I don't want to hear that and neither does my child," I said standing up straight from my previous position, leaning against the counter. "Call me when the food is done."

"You need to be in here cooking ya damn self. Got my woman cooking for a grown ass man other than me. You need to get your own woman." Pops said glaring at me, playfully, standing behind moms.

"I'm not looking for a woman. I got a couple on call for when I need them." I smirked.

My mom shook her head in disappointment. "You are just like how your father was....before I got to him. He knew then and he knows now not to play with me."

"Mama I don't need a woman to distract me. I'm still trying to prove myself in the industry. I don't need some girl to come along messing up my grind and my flow," I told her honestly. "All I need is my baby," I said kissing Kairi on the cheek as she tried to dodge it.

"That's the thing Dave, you're right. You don't need a girl coming around. You need a WOMAN. Don't have that twenty year old, young boy attitude. It's time to grow up. Kairi is getting older, you're getting older. Don't you want someone to share your dreams with? Someone to be there for you in ways that we can't? I love you son and I just want the best for you," mama stressed as she looked me in my eyes.

"I hear you mama. I'll be more open minded," I said as I made my way out of the kitchen.

"Listen to your momma son. She knows what she's talking about, but I'm pushing you faster than she is. Find you a good woman and fill her up," I stopped in my tracks to look at this man. "I want more grandkids and so does your momma. Don't you want some siblings Kairi? Hm?" My pops is wild!

Kairi mugged him and gave a loud "NO!" Before running off. Well looks like she good homie.

I walked behind Kairi and reached the living room. Honestly, I get what moms is saying. I'm just hesitant. I don't want to bring someone around Kairi too early and she get confused or attached. I don't want to get used to someone and we don't work out. I thought Kairi's mom and I were going to work out. We were high school sweethearts, but I began to get big two years ago, she got pregnant, and our relationship just went downhill from there. We argued more than anything, I got accused of cheating, even though I wasn't. Eventually, she had Kairi, overtime I got full custody, we went ,and still do go, back and forth. Before all of this, the fame, Kairi, everything, I thought we'd last forever. Now look at us. Coparenting and that's even rocky. There are a lot of what if's and not enough answers! This shit is stressful. Allah will send me somebody though, if it's meant. I'm not worried about it. We'll see. I watched Kairi play as I began thinking.