Twenty Seven.

Back again with another update! She kinda long. Excuse any mistakes, please.

Faith's POV

Walking out of the airport, I look around for my cousin. I just touched down in North Carolina for the holidays and I'm super excited. Getting away from the drama back in New York is refreshing.

"Cousin!" I heard and looked over to see my cousin, Alexandra.

"Alex!" I smiled and went to hug her.

"I missed you so much! Ugh I've been bored without you. Now I got my roll dog." She said.

"Girl I missed you too. I'm glad to be out of the fast pace of the city." I said as we put my bags in the back.

"I bet. How long you here for?"

"A week and some change. I leave the twenty seventh." We got in the car and she started it so we could head to my aunts house.

"Lit! We gotta go out and chill." I agreed with her. "So. Whatchu been up to? I haven't really talked to you in a minute."

"I know. I'm sorry about that. This job and my personal life has been a whole roller coaster ride." I shook my head just thinking about it.

Alex and I are really close. She's one of the closest things I have to a sister. We're the same age and grew up together. We don't get to talk often because of my busy schedule and with hers. She's a working woman as I am, but she has to juggle work, her beautiful daughter, and her marriage with her bitch ass husband, which I'll get into later. She's way more busy than I am, so I don't trip if we go a while without talking.

"What do you mean? What's up?" She glanced over at me as she drove on the highway. It's kind of late in the evening so there's not too many people on the road.

"Alex..." I sigh and shake my head. "Okay so you remember that guy I was telling you about a couple years ago?"

"Yeah the rapper. Dave East, right?"

"Yeah well we got back together." She interrupted me before I could update her.

"Really?!" She looked over at me smiling. "I'm so happy for you."

"No. No." I chuckled. "We're not together anymore. We were together for about a month and a half before we called it a quits about four or five months ago."

"Aw I'm sorry Faith." She pouted. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I started to lie. "Actually, I'm not. I'm not okay. I miss him a lot. He actually popped up at my front door a month ago and I wanted to take him back so bad. I did, but I knew I couldn't. Alex, we became so toxic for one another. We argued a lot and about the same things. His baby mother and him not having my back. He didn't realize his mistakes until I broke up with him and that was just too late for me."