Thirty Eight

This kind of a juicy, filler chapter.

Excuse the many mistakes.

Faith's POV

"I want to go out." I spoke aloud while laying my head back on the back of the couch.

"Out where?" Alexis asked.

She came over to chill with me while the kids were at school. They're staying with their grandparents for the weekend and Dave is busy all day and night, so I'm all alone. Why not go out and have some fun?

"A club?" I suggested.

"Oh really? When has Faith ever suggested going out to a club?" She spoke with sarcasm and amusement in her voice.

"I know, I know." I chuckled. "I want to have fun and just chill out. You're here for the weekend. Let's get lit. I honestly really want to get drunk. I can't remember the last time I had a night where I was like "the fuck happen" and that's what kind of vibe I'm trynna be on."

"Mm. Let me call East." She said pulling out her phone. The two of them met and clicked. Lexi likes him for me, but sometimes she calls him when I'm "acting up". Please. I'm a grown woman.

"Yo." He answered. "What she do now?" My mouth dropped open.

"Yo girl want to go out and get drunk."

"Dave is not my daddy. I can go out and do as I please just as long as I respect the relationship, which I will be doing." I shrugged.

"You know what it is, Faith. I don't care if you go out. Be responsible." He said.

"Dave I wasn't asking for your permission. I go out when I want, but okay. I understand." I laughed.

"I know you understand. Don't wear nothing revealing either. I'm not playin." He sounded serious and super sexy with his annoying ass.

"What's gone happen if I do?" I smirked and challenged.

"What happens any other time you step outta line?"

"Boy puh-lease! I am not one of your kids." I laughed. This guy is hilarious.

"Yeah aight. Watch out for her Lexi." He said dismissing me.

"You know I will bro." After that they hung up.

"You a whole op." I said when she sat her phone down.

"And you love this op." She smiled and got up. "Come on and let's get ready."

"I'm so excited. I feel like I've been in full mommy mode lately. I have no responsibilities tonight and I'm taking advantage. You are the sober one tonight." I said so it's already established.

"I know." She playfully rolled her eyes. "What's been up with you? Everything been good?" She sat on my bed and started conversation.

"Come in here and help me find something to wear." I said from my walk in closet. "And everything has been cool. I got my little family and my man back. My career is taking off. I'm happy."

"Speaking of your career, I'm so proud of you, Faithy." She said and stopped looking through my clothes. "You've had this talent forever and I'm happy you're utilizing it. On top of that you're about to get your masters. You just doing the damn thing and I'm so glad I get to call you my sister and my best friend."

"Aw Lexi. You're literally the bestest friend anyone could ask for." We hugged.

"Now. You wanna tell me why you had an attitude the other day?" She switched the topic.