Forty Four.

Hey yo! New update day is Sunday. I was going to post last night, but my computer applications homework took a little longer than expected. My bad!

Um I like reading y'all comments, so let's comment it up. Please? No? Mmkay that's fine too.

Excuse any mistakes. Enjoy! Brace yourselves. We're about to be all over the place with this one.

Dave's POV

"Hey you okay?"

"Yeah." Faith quickly wiped her eyes and sniffled. "Yeah I'm good." She looked up at me and forced a small smile.

Today is her grandmother's funeral and she doesn't want to go. She doesn't want to see the woman that she calls her mom get buried. She doesn't want to face the reality that she's actually gone.

These last few days have been some of the worst that I've ever seen Faith. She's usually very vibrant and sassy, but I haven't gotten any of that. She turns it on when she has to care for the kids, even though I told her that I had them. She'll put her emotions on pause to give them the best her.

She's been getting everything for the funeral together and I offered to pay for it, but she was very clear about her handling this all on her own. I think she's feeling guilty because she wasn't here as much as she feels she should have been. I try to be here for her, but when Faith is going through something she likes to process on her own and when she's ready she'll come to me, so I've been giving her, her space.

I walked over to her and pulled her up to hug her. "I love you." I said in her ear. She hugged me tighter and said it back.

"Is everyone dressed?" She asked with her head still laying on my chest.

"Yeah we were waiting on you. You ready?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "I'm ready." She let go of me and grabbed her purse then we walked out of the room together.

Like any other time there is a funeral, it's raining today. We placed raincoats on all the kids and guided them outside. We got into the SUV and all the other people of Faith's family followed behind us to the church. Faith held onto my hand while I drove the short distance to the church.

When we got there, there were a whole bunch of people here. There were people already inside on one side, those being the friends of the family, then the rest of us filled the remaining side. It was packed and hot in here.

A little into the service, some people came up to speak about Ms. Lena and it was real nice until one older lady came up. I don't know who she is, but what she said had Faith boiling.

"And when I heard about Lena being sick and how it wouldn't be long before her passing, it broke me to pieces. I've known this woman since we were little girls. Our daddy's were the best of friends and so were we. I remember when we were nine years old..." The lady continued and I could feel Faith's energy shift.

I'm realizing that no one told her that her grandmother was sick. Everyone made it seem like it was just old age which would be believable since her grandmother was 91, but that wasn't the case. The woman was actually having health problems and no one cared to inform Faith so she could have been here sooner.

A little later into the service, Kaiden started to get antsy. "Daddy it's too hot." Kaiden started to whine. I lifted him up and sat him in my lap. "Nooo." He moved around in my lap and tried to get down. Faith leaned over and took him from my arms. She cuddled him and rocked him back and forth, but that was right before shit got real.

"Ace. Baby." Faith said lowly, with loads of distress in her voice, and tried to wake him up. "Kaiden." She shook him lightly.

"Kaiden." I said and looked over at him, but he wasn't budging. I jumped out of my seat, grabbed him, and rushed out of the sanctuary. Sorry Nana Lena.