Twenty.

FYI: This chapter is pretty uneventful. I'm sorry 😭

Faith's POV

"Okay B, I'll call you later. I'm about to walk in the building." I said walking towards the entrance of Def Jam.

"Aight Faith. You better call me later too." Brandon laughed in my ear.

I smiled. "I promise. Later." We hung up the phone.

It's been two weeks since the cookout and nothing's really happened. That night Brandon and I had a conversation about what we both wanted. I was honest and told him I wasn't looking to be in a relationship with him at the time. Even though I know I was lying. I know I want to be with him, but I feel like it's too soon to jump into something else. Although it's been a little over a year and some change.

He was kind of hurt, but he understood and didn't push me. That's what I like about him. He's gentle and just an all around sweet guy. He also expressed to me that he felt us being off. He could sense something wasn't right. So we agreed to be friends and maybe in the future we'll cross that bridge.

I'm still not trying to be with Dave. Just the thought of him cheating AND having another baby is beyond me. I don't hold the baby accountable because it's not her fault that her dad is irresponsible. I forgave him, but I can't just forget about it. Who knows what could happen in the future, but as of right now, I'm not interested.

I walked into Def Jam and I greeted the receptionist and the security. I can honestly say I've been enjoying here. I love my job. I'm around music all day, everyday, and I'm so grateful.

Today I have a meeting and then I'll be making rounds to different artists to check in on them and see what they're working on. Walking into the meeting room I see my coworker, Fatima.

"Hey Fatima." We've been cool since I got here. I can't necessarily say we're friends, but I could definitely see us becoming that. I think we clicked pretty quickly. We're both from the South, young, black Queens just trying to make it.

"Hey girl. Ouu you look cute." She said looking over my outfit for the day. Eh. I guess I clean up nice.

"Well you know how I do

"Well you know how I do." I laughed and brushed my shoulder. "But look at you. So effortless. Ugh."