Chapter 2

When she went to the hospital the next day to visit Isabel and drop off some stuff, Davina also brought along an old friend of hers.

"Izzy, this is my friend from college, Steven Bell, a lawyer. Steven, this is Isabel Jaeger, soon to be Rogers. She wants you to handle her divorce suite."

At first, Steven was shocked. Everyone in A country knew who Brycen Jaeger was and as a result, they also knew about his wife and there were countless women eyeing the position even though it was already filled.

Stories about countless young starlets and even successful business women throwing themselves left and right into Brycen's arms and even employing trickery to get into his bed were everywhere. So now, he would really like to know, why would this woman who had the man every woman wanted, wanted to divorce Brycen Jaeger?

But, after listening to Isabel's story, as a man with a wife and family, the original respect Steven held for the self-made business man came crumbling down pathetically.

"Mrs. Jaeger, are you certain that these are all the demands you want to make on your husband for this divorce?" Steven was skeptical as he looked over the draft document held in his hands.

"You two were together before Jaeger Corp became what it is today, by law, no less than half of what he is worth is what you deserve."

"No, no. This is fine." Isabel had a small smile on her mouth as she leaned over to peak at the letter, unaware that her sudden close proximity was causing the man a bit of unease as her mellow floral scent wafted close to him.

"The things that are Brycen's are Brycen's and what are mine I will have. Thank you for your concern Mr. Bell, but this is all I need."

Steven didn't insist on pushing his opinion and after exchanging a few more words and getting a better understanding of Isabel and Brycen's marriage and family situation, he bade the two women farewell and left to prepare the proper documents before contacting Brycen's lawyer to file the suite.

"So, what are your plans after things go through?" Davina asked while gorging on a bowl of spicy ramen noodles.

"Pursue my dream... and take care of my kids."

Isabel sighed and closed her eyes as she reclined into the sofa, but she didn't miss the small jolt in Davina's shoulders and the electric light that flashed through her black phoenix eyes.

"By 'pursue your dream' do you mean...?"

Isabel curved the corner of her mouth and peeked through one eye to look at Davina who had gotten much closer to her, her eyes sparkling like a child anxious with anticipation for their Christmas present.

"Pfft!" Isabel laughed as she got up and went over to the mini fridge for a bottled water.

"You said sometime before that you were going to help a friend returning from overseas pursue a certain business venture." Isabel cracked the seal and took a long drink of water, until the bottle was half empty. "Back then, you also extended an invitation to me..."

Isabel ran her finger around the mouth of the bottle mischievously before flicking her eyes to look at Davina's face that was red with excitement. She smiled.

"Does that offer still stand?"

"Fuck, yes!" Davina didn't try to mask her enthusiasm.

Jumping up from the couch, she screamed in delight and rushed to squeeze Isabel in a hug as she spun around.

"Omigod, omigod, omigod! Izzy, this is amazing! I just knew you wouldn't let me down."

Isabel laughed as she spun around with Davina, but the smile on her face was wry.