Chapter 15

Kelvin had already been awake for a day and after extensive examination; the doctors determined that he was in good health; though they still thought that he should remain a few more days for observation before he be discharged to which Isabel agreed, earning Kelvin's protest.

"I'm fine, I don't need to stay. I want to go home." He wrapped his arms around Isabel's waist and rubbed his face into her flat stomach, acting spoiled. "When are we moving into the new house?"

He wanted to go home, but not to that apartment Brycen owned. He wanted to go to their own house so he could snuggle and be pampered by his mommy without feeling sick to his stomach. 

So what if he had recalled the memories of the past life and knew that he was already an uncle in his thirties? Right now, in everyone's eyes he was nothing more than a six year old child; he was going to be as spoiled as he wanted.

Although Isabel was a bit surprised by Kelvin's sudden change in attitude and his increased clinginess, she didn't despise it and actually felt it was quite cute.

Phoenix was brat, she clung to her mother every chance that she got and acted spoiled towards everyone but Kelvin was not the same. This son of hers had always had a subdued temperament and his ways of showing affection, even to her, his own mother, were very subtle. So to see this kind of openly clinging and pouting look, the impact would be extremely heavy for anyone, let alone Isabel. This was her very own baby ah! How could she not be moved?

"Kelly, be good for mommy okay. Let the doctors make sure that you're fine and then I'll take you home in a few days."

Isabel didn't think about the hidden meaning in Kelvin's words, she would still be terrified whenever she thought about what happened a few days ago. Seeing his body stiffen on the bed, spasming while his eyes rolled back into his head till only the whites were visible as the monitors beeped off the charts... Isabel's blood ran cold and she shuddered. That was definitely a trauma she would never live down.

Isabel hugged the little boy in her bosom that had curled his lips in silent protest and pressed a kiss to his temple. Kelvin looked over at her with slightly red cheeks.

"Mommy~"

"Don't 'mommy' me." Isabel laughed lightly and poked his forehead. "Be good~. You almost scared me to death that time. Just think of it as doing this for me, alright?"

Isabel saw Kelvin squint his eyes as though he was contemplating then his face fell in an unwilling look before he slowly nodded. She smiled and climbed onto the bed to pick him up onto her lap before biting playfully at his neck.

"Kelly definitely loves mommy the most!"

Kelvin squealed childishly as he began to laugh and tried to hide his neck away from Isabel, but every time he hid one side, the other side was exposed and Isabel would just change her angle of attack.

His hands were trapped as Isabel had wrapped her arms around his whole body, so he couldn't push her away. Kelvin kicked his legs and tried to wriggle out of Isabel's embrace, but Isabel only rolled over, keeping him trapped tightly as she continued to tickle him mercilessly.

"No! No mommy, no. Hahaha~"

Happy squeals and peals of laughter filled the room and spilled into the hallway, causing the people outside the door to pause.

Kim's hand that was above the door handle froze and she glanced back at the two imposing people behind her. She didn't know what kind of dog shit luck she had stepped in today to run into these guys at the elevator, they were definitely here looking for trouble.