Chapter 39

Breakfast with Phillip was nice. Apart from the food being good, the person himself was quite entreating and made for very enjoyable company.

"Are you going out just like that?"

Isabel who had her hand on the front door handle paused and looked down at her attire before turning around to look at Phillip.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Other than the fact that it's all Imperial branded and probably worth some hundreds of thousands of dollars?

"There's nothing wrong with it per se but..." Phillip glanced at her striking golden eyes and flawless face and he felt his mouth twitch. "Shouldn't you cover up a little? You're a celebrity aren't you?"

Abruptly, Isabel recalled that she was ten years in the past; the time when her career was at its highest. This wasn't the days when she could walk down the street freely without covering her face and people would bend over backwards to get out of her way, right now it was very likely... no, she would definitely be swarmed; especially right now when 'My Lord, My Lady' Season 5 was now airing, this was the season that garnered the greatest response in the whole series.

"Sorry, I forgot."

Seeing Isabel cutely reach up to pinch her earlobe, embarrassed, Phillip felt his cheeks grow warm.

"St- stay here. I'll go get you something."

Phillip ran upstairs and a short while later, he came back with a white scarf and a pair of vintage shades.

"These are Sage's, I don't think he'll mind too much if you borrow them."

Isabel accepted the items and she slipped the shaded over her eyes before wrapping the scarf around her head. A deep scent was attached to the scarf and when Isabel brought it up to sniff, it left a warm feeling lingering in her chest that gave her butterflies, she liked it.

"So Phillip, are you not a fan?"

"What do you mean?"

"You could obviously tell who I am, yet you don't seem too enthused."

Phillip scratched his head and laughed. "Well..." that's because if I dared to show any interest in you, even if I really am a huge fan, a certain someone would definitely have me dragged down and beheaded once he found out.

"I grew up in high society, so coming face to face with celebrities don't have much of an effect on me."

Dear god, don't strike him for lying. Heaven knows he almost fainted from the extreme fangasm he suffered when he opened the room door early this morning to see 'Lady Clarisse' sleeping in his best friend's bed.

While asleep with the faint moonlight peeking through the crack in the curtain lingering on her cheek, Isabel looked very much like her innocent, naïve and pure hearted character from the drama; but Phillip had learned the hard way that her looks were very, very deceiving, though her personality was pretty much in line with the image of 'Izzy' that she portrayed to the world. He was glad to know that the Sunshine Queen he and countless others adored wasn't an absolute fake.

In fact, now, it was likely that he had become an even bigger fan of hers, though he would have to definitely keep that a secret.

Damn! Did he send that special edition poster of Lady Clarisse in the Secret Room from 'My Lord, My Lady' Season 5 to the mansion or Israel's place? He'd have to give his old man a call just to be safe, he wouldn't see that thing again if Archer got a hold of it first.

"I see."

Isabel could understand what Phillip was saying. In fact, there were celebrities who were fans of people from noble families; even though those nobles weren't very famous themselves, they were rich and had power and everybody in the entertainment business was looking for a backer to support them. So if Phillip was friends with Sage and had grown up in a noble family too, then being immune to the star-struck effect was understandable.