Chapter 25

#Bonus Chapter! (Cuz I'm happy! ^^)

A few minutes later, the nurse returned with the doctor who had been looking after Kelvin for the past week.

"Honestly, there isn't anything that we can find wrong with your son Mrs. Jaeger, all his tests and exams came back with positive results, some even above the average; he's perfectly healthy and I'm ashamed to say that I really can't tell why he was asleep for those three days."

Isabel was glad to hear that there was nothing wrong with Kelvin and she lowered her head to kiss the top of his hair as the little boy laid there obediently while his sister played with his fingers.

"If you want to take him home, then I really have no reason to stop you. I would first need you to sign this release sheet and then Kelvin will be free to go."

"Thank you Dr. Toby."

Isabel smiled as she stretched her hand out to receive the clip board with the release sheet and Dr. Toby brought it to her since she couldn't very well move with the twins occupying her lap.

Once the form was filled out, Isabel gave it back then she hugged the silent little guy on her lap, mischievously kissing the corner of his mouth and making Kelvin's eyes go wide. She giggled.

"So, are you satisfied now, you're getting to go home."

"Will you be coming home with me?"

Isabel paused for a bit as she watched Kelvin who was looking up at her with his dark blues wide open.

Usually Kelvin wasn't like this; he was the stereotype of what people would call a 'good child': never crying, never complaining and never saying what it is they really want, always considering others first and honestly, the way he was before used to make Isabel's heart hurt. He had obviously changed since waking up yesterday, but Isabel was finding that this change made her heart hurt in a different way.

Lowering her head, Isabel bit playfully at Kelvin's neck. The unexpected attack caused the little boy to scream loudly as he broke into laughter.

"You naughty boy, are you doing this on purpose today? Acting all cute so suddenly."

"I am cute." Kelvin declared, lifting his chin slightly in that arrogant princely little way of his that made Isabel's heart itch.

"Cheeky." She tapped his nose and Kelvin laughed.

"I won't be coming home with you, Aunty Davi and I have to swing by the company for a short while to get some things done today. You and Nixy will go home with Aunty Kim, okay."

Kelvin pursed his lips, obviously dissatisfied, but he had acted willfully enough for one day and he knew he couldn't push it too far so he conceded on that point. Besides, he knew that Sunshine was probably the safest place in the world for his mother; he could relax if he knew that was where she was going.

"Okay, let's pack up your stuff and get out of here."

When Isabel said that, Kelvin immediately jumped from her lap and went over to one side of the bed where he pulled out the overnight bag Kim had packed and brought to the hospital the first day he had fainted; it was already fully packed.

"What?" Seeing his mother staring at him blankly, Kelvin tilted his head a way similar to what Isabel usually did and blinked his eyes innocently. "I told you that I wanted to go home."

Isabel blinked and looked over at Kim who had dropped her head into her hand, her shoulders shaking silently then she looked at Davina who was the first to burst into laughter before the other two women followed, dissolving into a mirthful mess.