Chapter 22

Striding out of the private room on the second floor of Eden Bliss café, Isabel breathed a sigh of relief and tenderly hugged the little bun in her embrace, seeking comfort in his warmth and softness.

Finally, it was over. She felt a great sense of relief yet at the same time there was this lingering bittersweet feeling in her chest that felt slightly hallow.

Twenty-two years, counting the last life, that was how long she had loved, chased and obsessed with Brycen Jaeger. Even if she was determined to let go, it would take time for her to heal and be able to move on, this divorce was the first step to the rest of her life surrounded by the people who cared about her and who she cared for.

Curling her lips in a slight smile as her eyes squinted gently while cradling the child sleeping against her shoulder, Isabel instantly caught the attention of many people who were seated below as she slowly descended the stairs. Even if they didn't recognize her as 'Izzy' just the fact that a beautiful woman was carrying an adorable little boy who was fast asleep while clinging to her had appeared, it warranted a bit of buzz.

Walking next to her, Steven felt quite invisible and truthfully, a little useless. He was still in a state of shock from what he had just witnessed inside that room. Although he was the lawyer, he had been reduced to a mere decoration as Isabel battled words with Dale while smoothly trading insults with Brycen whenever he had his outbursts, making the man purple in the face.

Before Steven knew it, he was being handed a draft of the new divorce settlement and when he recovered enough to check the contents since he had blanked out earlier he was deeply shaken and couldn't help growing a whole new respect for this woman. She wasn't only beautiful, her mind was also formidable. If it had been him handling the procedures, Steven really wasn't confident that he would be able to attain the same results—no, he was certain that he wouldn't be able to.

Could it be that Brycen Jaeger was only talented in business and was a complete idiot at everything else? How could he let a woman like Isabel Rogers chase him for so long without reciprocation to the point that she became dissatisfied with him and wanted to leave? And even if she wanted to leave, why didn't he cling on to her? Could he really not see her worth?

To be able to have a woman like this, a man's own pride was worth next to nothing because that woman would be all the pride he could ever need in life.

Could the woman he was currently in love with be even more outstanding than Isabel, was that it? If she was then Brycen would surely be cursed by all the men in the world for his good luck in attracting exceptional women. Though Steven highly doubted that there could be a second woman as outstanding as Isabel in such a close proximity, such women should be extremely rare in the world.

Steven didn't know, but Isabel had faced off against Dale Winters in legal debates for four years in her past life, if she hadn't picked up some kind of knowledge after all that time then she would have to accept being cursed as an idiot, plus, Isabel had always had a remarkable learning ability and capacity to memorize; she had basically just used all the experience Dale had yet to gain in the coming four years against him. Nothing major.

As she exited the café, Isabel took notice of a group—well, it was better to say that everyone passing by had noticed the group; it would actually be strange if someone hadn't noticed them.

The group was made up of four tall and brawny bodyguards in black suits and even wearing dark shades and they were stationed around one of the outdoor tables where a middle aged man in a suit with a gold monocle resting over his eye was leisurely enjoying a cup of tea.

Isabel instantly recognized the man as the one whom had taken Zac away a few days ago when they met for the first time at Reign Real Estate. Zac had called him 'Uncle Sam'.