Chapter 35 (Edited!)

Author's Note~

I'm so weak right now, it feels like my body has no bones but yet, my imagination is unusualy active.

Here's another chapter!

  (=・ω・=)

#_*_#_*_#_*_#_*__#_*_#_*_#_*_#

That night, while sitting on the living room sofa, Archer made countless calls to contacts he never thought that he would use and people he thought he would never talk to again since his goal from a young age had been to live a 'common life'. 

He always believed that his brother would be the one to run Reign and then his son would take over after him; this cruel twist of fate was unexpected to say the least.

To say that the people who got his calls were shocked would be an understatement, but most of them were people who knew Archer from when they were young, some of them went to school together so they didn't turn down his request for help and for those who didn't know him very well, they at least knew Trooper or his father so they didn't blatantly turn him away.

After making enough appointments, promises to meet up and drink and rekindle old relations to keep him busy for the next couple of months, it was already midnight and although all he had done was move his fingers and talk, Archer was exhausted. But, he believed that after tonight, Reign would finally start moving in the direction that he wanted it to go, after all, he was the boss, the master of the house, the one calling the shots...

"Large and in charge..." Archer laughed then, throwing his head back to stare at the ceiling then he glanced over at the stairs and sighed.

He didn't want to go, he really didn't want to leave but he needed to, he couldn't stay. If he wanted to achieve the goal he set for himself and live the life that he wanted he needed to act as soon as possible, tonight, now.

Picking up the cellphone he had tossed off to the side, Archer made two more calls that night as he left the house. The first was to make sure that 'Ruby' was taken care of and the second was to Uncle Sam.

As the steward of the Ryan household, there were a lot of things that he couldn't do without Samuel's help, especially since he was still relatively new to the system, so Archer had no choice but to call him.

When he received Archer's call at such an ungodly hour, Samuel's first move was to scold him mercilessly and it was only after a good quarter hour of tongue lashing that the elderly man calmed down to hear what his young master had to say.

"What did you say?!"

"I want to clean the board, as soon as possible. I've thought this since I took over the office, but big brother was too soft hearted in his business matters, there are too many leeches latching on to Reign and I intend to drop the extra baggage; they'll only be a burden moving forward. Uncle Sam, what do you think?"

"That..." Samuel was speechless. He knew that his second young master had an excellent eye for business and that the young man had been skirting around the important matters in the company because he had the mind of not destroying what his brother had built, waiting for Trooper to return and see everything as he left it, but it seemed that he had changed his mind?

Samuel didn't know what the reason for his sudden change of mind was, but he was grateful.

"I understand, I will do as the Master orders."

Hearing the form of address that Samuel used to call him, Archer who was sitting in the back seat of a taxi froze and his hold on the cellphone in his hand tightened. Well, there was no going back now.