Chapter 11

Ivan... was confused.

Davina... was confused.

Mason... was just glad that everything earlier had turned out to be only an act.

"What?" Isabel tilted her head to one side and her golden eyes squinted as she chuckled naughtily. "You guys couldn't have possibly taken me seriously, right?"

Glancing over at Davina's stiff expression, she rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on. I expected this from Ivan, but shame on you Davi! Did you really take me to be someone so petty?"

Davina snapped out of her stupor. She stuttered.

"Uh, n- no? N- no. It's just you... you looked really angry just now."

"Pfft!" Isabel laughed as she stood up and walked over to her friend, linking their elbows and bringing her back to sit at the table. 

"Davina, I'm an actress, your actress. Can you please not look down on me."

"...you seemed really, like, really, really angry just now Izzy." Davina still couldn't get over it.

Isabel shrugged her shoulders. "Then I guess I'm just that good."

Of course she was good.

To everyone right now, she had only been an actress for a short period of seven years in the 'My Lord, My Lady' TV series with a few minor roles in some other shows and movies without any prior training in the field, but in her own mind, Isabel already had more than fifteen years of acting experience under her belt from her last life-- good, bad and terrible experiences.

Going against Susan Walker was probably the dumbest and worst yet also the best decision Isabel could have made in her life and career.

Yes, Susan broke the very fragile balance of her relationship with Brycen, but by doing so, the woman also set her free, she had just been too dumb to notice it. Going against Susan also caused her a lot of problems at work; everyone and anyone who wanted to get on the good side of the gold broker and Lady Boss of Jaeger Corp would do their absolute best to make her life hell.

On set she would be subjected to mistreatment and neglect from the staff members, she was bullied and pushed around by the other actors and even the directors would be especially harsh on her scenes and takes. 

But thanks to that, she had to stiffen her lip and learn to do her own makeup professionally and sew and fix her costumes whenever they were sabotaged. She learned to tolerate people and her juvenile, explosive temper cooled down and she became more level headed-- though that never seemed to apply to when she faced Susan Walker or anything pertaining to Brycen-- it took losing Kelvin and Phoenix for that change. 

The directors were also very strict and demanding of her acting, so she had to practice and practice and perfect every role that she acted, even if she was only the most minor background character, so they wouldn't have anything to say.

To say that Susan Walker caused her life to be ruined, it wouldn't be wrong, but she had also allowed Isabel to improve as a person and an entertainer and it was mainly because of that that she would not be going off to 'counter attack' for all that Susan had caused her to suffer.

As long as she could have her kids and get along to starting up that business venture with Davina, then she would be just peachy.

"Mason, Ivan." Isabel reached over the table and took the interwoven hands of the two men between her own and she gave the most warm, tender and happy smile possible. "I'm glad that you two were able to find each other and I'm happy that can face me and say that you love each other without any shame. I really hope that your relationship works out; I'll support you guys."