Chapter 29

"From the beginning, I want to know everything."

Isabel was now sitting on the bed in her dorm, leaning against the mountain of stuffed animals while looking down at Davina who was now fully clothed and kneeling on the floor. She was being punished.

Honestly, Isabel was a person who disliked violence, but a minute ago she had completely given in to the urge to go smash Sophie's pretty face in when Davina unexpectedly clung to her waist and said she would tell her everything.

"...so please don't go and become a murderer."

So now, she was waiting for the promised 'full explanation'.

Davina didn't know why, but she suddenly felt like she had gone back to her days of waiting in the principal's office, it was almost suffocating, but she knew that Isabel was angry for her sake, so she decided to suck it up and soldier on. Besides, this was something she had been wanting to get off her chest for a while, but she just didn't know who to turn to talk about it.

Breathing a sigh, Davina clenched her fist and slowly began to recount how she and Sophie came to their present state.

"Sophie and I have been in an uncommitted relationship for the past... seven or eight years."

Isabel almost fell over. "That— that's almost as long as you've known me!" She couldn't help but shout and Davina rubbed her nose sheepishly in response, she didn't know how to reply to that.

"And 'uncommitted', does that mean that you guys aren't actually a couple?"

Looking at Davina's difficult expression, Isabel could only sigh as she held her face, speechless and waved at Davina to continue. There was no point in getting angry about what had already happened, but Isabel was really beginning to feel like her entire life before rebirth had been one big, fat lie!

"If you want to put a label on the relationship that Sophie and I have then 'sex friends' would be the best thing to call it." Davina's cheeks flushed red, it was embarrassing to admit this to someone she has treated as a younger sister for ten years alright!

Isabel didn't have much to comment on about that, partner hopping wasn't uncommon in the LGBT community, she knew, especially now when everyone wanted to keep their orientation private, not daring to let anyone know or suspect. Casually sleeping together was often the way to go instead of a committed relationship, but all the same, these two have been doing it for eight... years!

That was eight years, not months or weeks, but years, there had to be something more going on.

"Okay, so you two have been sex friends for eight years."

"I know it sounds ridiculous---"

"Ridiculous or not, I don't care." Isabel butted in, "What I want to know is why you have those marks on you. She fucking bit you like some kind of animal, how can you be okay with that?"

Isabel grabbed a pink crocodile from among the pile of toys and began to strangle it violently, picturing that it was Sophie's pretty neck. She had never wanted to put someone to death this badly before, except for Susan when the woman showed up at her and Brycen's high school reunion flaunting her five carat diamond encrusted engagement ring, happily reply to calls of 'Mrs. Jaeger' when Brycen and Isabel hadn't even been divorced yet.

"It's not entirely her fault." Hearing those words spoken in a mosquito like whisper, Isabel suddenly felt like splitting Davina's head open to see exactly which part of her brain was it that wasn't working right.

"Exactly how isn't it her fault? Did you force her to bite you then?" Isabel spat the words out through gritted teeth causing Davina to sigh.

"She wants a relationship, Izzy, a serious one."